HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking forward to some hot action on the docks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Micanopy View Post
    I have no docks available. Should there be one or two I am unaware of, they would be heavily fished.

TN is a great place to watch the upcoming seasonal transition. Be fun to enjoy it as you most certainly will.

Will you use heavy jigs or light and why ?
    I use light jigs. Most of the time a 1/32 with the collar trimmed off. I feel that shooting docks is a finesse tactic. That being said sometimes the fish are in a chase it down and destroy it mood. Moat of the time not. I like a slow fall. I will increase the body size on a jig to slow the fall. If that fish is 10' back under a pontoon boat at 2 feet deep. I want that lure to fall slowly enough that the fish has time to see it and decide to take it or not. There are days that they try to take the rod out of your hand, and there are others that all of the sudden something doesn't feel right and you set the hook on a fish.
    The love for fishing is one of the best gifts you can pass along
    Thanks Micanopy thanked you for this post

catchNgrease is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm new to the sport for sure. There are times I'll be driving down the road and see an old barn or deck or something similar. And think to myself....right there....if I was fishing that I would put it right there...I know they're right there. LoL.

Sent from my E6910 using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Thanks DockShootinJack thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

On a different lake I had a honey hole of a dock I found. Boat lift all off the cables the coons had lived in this thing long enough to see coon crap everywhere. Dock was on 6 feet of water. Completely undisturbed for a long time. Those fish were some hungry ones as well. Post spawn that dock would be loaded with fish
    Likes catchNgrease LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I wish there were more docks around me that are in a good place depth wise, but very few really.

Sure sounds like you have it going on and have learned what to look for to get he best action!

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skiptomylu View Post
    I wish there were more docks around me that are in a good place depth wise, but very few really.

Sure sounds like you have it going on and have learned what to look for to get he best action!

Skip
    Much like any pattern. All of the sudden they are gone. They will be under the dock from fall till spring. During the summer they may be vacationing in Canada for all I know

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

One good dock shooting session with good activity and you’re hooked. I took a friend and we found one dock different than th rest, held six feet of water. We pulled 35 crappie out of it in under and hour and a half. In July in Florida. When it’s good, it’s fantastic!!!
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around
    Likes Slabprowler LIKED above post

Slabprowler is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DockShootinJack View Post
    On a different lake I had a honey hole of a dock I found. Boat lift all off the cables the coons had lived in this thing long enough to see coon crap everywhere. Dock was on 6 feet of water. Completely undisturbed for a long time. Those fish were some hungry ones as well. Post spawn that dock would be loaded with fish
    that dock has now been brought back to life ! You wouldn’t even recognize it now ! Pretty much Everything that has produced well in the past has been absolutely beat to death the last couple of years , if you get lucky and get to one that hasn’t been hammered in a few days they still hold some fish but not like it used to be !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Slabprowler View Post
    that dock has now been brought back to life ! You wouldn’t even recognize it now ! Pretty much Everything that has produced well in the past has been absolutely beat to death the last couple of years , if you get lucky and get to one that hasn’t been hammered in a few days they still hold some fish but not like it used to be !
    I am glad somebody brought it back to life.
    They were pretty heavily used when I was down there. My favorite up here are the pontoon boats. Not so many shoot them with the tight openings. The more spider webs the better.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12