HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Beginner Bluegill Hunter. Need Favorite rod suggestions.

Post Thanks / Like

Name:  IMG_4436.jpg
Views: 286
Size:  52.0 KB…don’t remember where I got them from.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

I'm still have room for another rod or 2 if you guys have opinions.. I would love to hear other gill fishermen's preference on rods and rod length and line.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LVSpinfisher1 View Post
    Name:  IMG_4436.jpg
Views: 286
Size:  52.0 KB…don’t remember where I got them from.

Name:  IMG_4450.jpg
Views: 345
Size:  51.2 KBof course after 10 or decent size panfish, it looked like this.

Post Thanks / Like

I have one of the Bass Pro Microlite graphite rods at 6'6", fast action, light (not ultra light) and I like it very much. I also have the TCB rod and it is a lot of fun when bringing in the panfish.
    Yes, I was talking to myself; sometimes even I have to ask for expert advice.
    Likes GreenEYESfromOHIO LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Basscaster View Post
    I'm still have room for another rod or 2 if you guys have opinions.. I would love to hear other gill fishermen's preference on rods and rod length and line.
    Basscaster, besides a nice JDM rod I’m enjoying fishing with my go to bluegill rod is a trustee Fenwick Eagle bought from Dicks sporting good in 5’6” and currently paired with Abu cardinal x10 and 4lb kastking mono. Hope it gives you an idea.

Likes skeetbum LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

PM me your address and I will send you some 1/64 oz jig heads that I pour. Use them with 2# line and a secret lure that I will send you..... then catch lots of fish.

Post Thanks / Like

I have 2 okuma celilio 6'6" ul rods I use both with Pfleuger Trion size 20 reels and 2lb trout sos line. Have one set up with #8 Aberdeen hook and very small slip float this is the one I use for live bait. Other rod is setup to throw jigs usually the panfish magnet. Use anywhere from 1/16 to 1/64 oz jighead. Just love fighting gills with ul rods and 2lb line. Makes them all feel like monsters!
    Likes bpenrod LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I have one quantum really micro lite el cheapo rod that is possibly the most fun to use when I target the panfish .
    Not taking panfish terribly serious is my thing and we also have a Zebco mini 22 that came as a combo set up with a 5 foot rod that is just as much fun to use on sunfish.
    I don't think I own an actual panfish set up that costs much over 40 dollars or so .
    The little 5 foot Shakespeare micro spin combos from wally world work pretty well too at 30 bucks or so .
    Of course the sky is the limit and some folks drop serious bucks into sunfish tackle , so it might be your thing to do so and or not so much , depends on how far you want to take it .
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales

Post Thanks / Like

I've fished with a Okuma Cellilo 6'-6" rod over the last year. Quite a nice rod for the price.

Also consider the Diawa Presso 6'-6" version. It's my favorite ultralight rod. Unfortunately, they are hard to find right now.
    Check out my Instagram fishing pics:
    https://www.instagram.com/fishfishwish/
    Likes bpenrod LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I have both the Bass Pro Micro setup and the Shakespeare setup from Walmart! They are both a lot of fun with the gills! I also have a couple Zebco 33 setup that I use if it is brushy!
    As others have said, the options are wide open when fishing for bluegill! If you really want to have fun with them, get the light or even ultralight rods!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast