Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Johnny Bamboo

Post Thanks / Like

Default Johnny Bamboo

Similar to Johnny Appleseed ,but instead of planting apple trees he is dropping bamboo condos are over the place in his travels in an effort to come back and pluck said fruit off said trees
    Now was it HOT , yes and was it crowded oh my goodness YES , the school is out and the kids were there in herds ketchn panfish down there . But in the future when school starts and the weather heads south for the winter ......
    let's just say at that time KABOOM will be near
    To much activity to ketch much ,boats coming and going and kids all up and down the dock and had to help them ketch some bluegill with smaller hooks and tiny floats , but in the end someone has to do it right ....
    dad couldn't take the bluegill off the hook and so ketchn was the one helping with that once they got dialed in and really whacking the bream .
    pretty distracting to say the least and the ketchn was mighty tough , managed a few small crappie (10) and a few bluegill (6) and one channel cat before it was past what i wanted to do on my lunch break.
    will be putting more of them in there soon , the owner agreed to one condo per slip ....
    in the near future it will be one of them you wish you could fish it spots for sure
    KABOOM is my agenda
    p.s. my gps unit indicates where one might want to look for said structures
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Likes hdhntr, livemusic, S10CHEVY, shipahoy41 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

All of the above should pay off well in the future. Bambo structure looks awesome
    The love for fishing is one of the best gifts you can pass along

Post Thanks / Like

Planting seeds and letting them grow. You will be a’ slingin’ and breaking rods before you know it. Fun KABOOM times ahead!
    Bob
    Likes hdhntr LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome! Work now for years worth of fun later. Plus sounds like others are benefiting from your time and generosity. KABOOM!!

Post Thanks / Like

would it make sense to strip the leaves and smaller branches off the bamboo before setting them in as it seems they would get hung up easily. OR do they deteriotate quickly and don't factor in by time crappie get established.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hdhntr View Post
    would it make sense to strip the leaves and smaller branches off the bamboo before setting them in as it seems they would get hung up easily. OR do they deteriotate quickly and don't factor in by time crappie get established.
    first off there is ONLY so much "free" work in my old bones
    but all kidding aside , they will lose the leaves over about 2 months time
    in the mean time lots of young fish will use them
    by fall they will be less thick for sure , lots of novice anglers will thin them accidently i am sure
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales