Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Livescope

Post Thanks / Like

Default Livescope

Went Bass fishing with a friend to prefish for the high school Championship this weekend at Stockton. He had Livescope newly mounted on his boat, and I was very impressed. His unit was the 93 SV. My question to the more experienced Livescope user is which graph to go with. I've seen what the 93 looks like, wondering about the 106 SV. What's on your boat? Will be purchasing from Brian@ BBG Marine. 93's will not be in stock for a couple weeks.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have the Livescope/93sv setup (from Brian) and it's plenty big enough IMHO. Already had a Hook 7 to use for map/waypoints/DI, so I got the Garmin w/o transducer. Also didn't want to share screen with the other 93sv applications & just have the Livescope screen on it.

Couple of other purchases to complete the setup : Cumberland Crappie 12" extendable mount for the Garmin (no longer made) and a 65ah AGM battery to plug the Garmin & Livescope box into. The mount works to put the Garmin above the Hook just far enough that I can pretty much keep an eye on both. The battery allows me to not have to worry about the LS/93sv combo draining my starter battery, since it can pull 2-4amps/hr. I probably have $2500 invested in the whole shebang.

Post Thanks / Like

If you plan to use the graph dedicated to Livescope, you will never be sorry with the non touch 1222

Post Thanks / Like

I will probably use it for down and side imaging also. Taking my Hummingbird 1198 off and putting it on my tin boat. Might as well have side imaging on both boats. Love dock shooting in the colder weather and can take whichever boat.

Post Thanks / Like

I went with the 1222 also. No sonar and dedicated to Livescope. Didn’t want touch screen and didn’t like the mount on the others. Quick release or whatever they call it.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Do I really need a dedicated AGM or Lithium battery for the Livescope unit? I run a 31 series cranking battery.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by moskeeter56 View Post
    Do I really need a dedicated AGM or Lithium battery for the Livescope unit? I run a 31 series cranking battery.

Only thing I can tell you is what I've read about the amp draw .... which is 2a/hr up to 4a/hr (max output). Depends on which site you get the info from, as far as total amp/hr draw of both LS & the unit ... which is why I got the dedicated battery.

I do know the 10" & 12" screen units draw more than the 9" screen unit (which is ~1.5a/hr) ... and then add another 2a/hr for the LS (average draw) ... and you'll see where it's possible to be pulling 4a/hr or more.

I've got a 29series TM battery that runs my 43# thrust TM and the Hook 7 .... and after a full day of Pushing jigs @ 1mph the Hook may shut down (low voltage). That 29series battery is 114ah. My starter battery is only a 27series, which my 90hp Merc keeps charged up, but I wouldn't want to have to take a long ride around the lake every now & then just to keep the LS/93sv operational. Oh, and just for clarification .... the LS black box is not permanently mounted on my boat (it and the units & batteries are not left in the boat at my residence).
    Likes moskeeter56 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Just found some makita battery mount holders to power up the Livescope. I have Makita power tools and six batteries. Going to order a couple just to power it with.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by moskeeter56 View Post
    I will probably use it for down and side imaging also. Taking my Hummingbird 1198 off and putting it on my tin boat. Might as well have side imaging on both boats. Love dock shooting in the colder weather and can take whichever boat.

we have the 1198 on console, use big motor idle by, then come back and dock shoot which docks are holding fish. We have never been very good at SI on TM..... although we have garmin transducers have not tried si feature. We are running a 93sv and a 93svUHD upfront, but using the built in ducer on the ultrex. We can use the units on our tin boat, with a portable set up using dewalt 20v We have 2 black boxes. Last year we ran on a group 31 DS battery as it works to crank our 2000 EFI no issues but battery would get below 12 on long days. The SI and LS are super tools we love them. We also have a 798 up front linked to the 1198 for mapping and gps share. Its a circus up front.
    Last edited by LadyBear; 06-13-2021 at 07:48 PM. Reason: update

Post Thanks / Like

I've had LS dedicated with 106sv and 126sv now. That being said, I think 10 or 12 inch is plenty depending how high your mount allows you to move the graphic up in the air. I have the beatdown ultimate mount and I can get the graph 36 inches high.

IF I was buying a new system from scratch, I would go with the 1222. Having the physical knob to adjust how far out your LS is scanning is really nice. I usually shoot 25-30 ft out until I find fish/structure then scale is back to 20 ft to get an idea what size the fish are. Having the physical knob for this is really nice, but not that bad with touch screen.
    Likes moskeeter56 LIKED above post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast