HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: And Today Was The Day

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default And Today Was The Day

I’ve been talking about a mess of gills for tacos. I’ve also been talking about pet fish and so on. I pulled out the stops today and went to get dinner. To my surprise it was a better than expected day. But let’s start with yesterday and a short trip with Rocky, my sil. Got an early start and had fish in the box before the sun was up. No giants but we stayed busy, and yes, it came with yet another pickle! But I had witness this time.
    Name:  88B43367-7109-4432-9576-01C37CC01DE8.jpg
Views: 476
Size:  93.9 KB
    All I can say is what a fight and they’re fun in tight quarters. We finished the day with six crappie and a 9” CNBG. Done by 9:30 with smiles on both our faces.

So next weekend will be double ignorant with the river traffic and my queen is having a yard sale to clean out the carport, long story there, so I told her it was time for me to go on a bluegill run. Knowing that I didn’t need to be there at oh dark thirty I hung out a little and had a coffee and put in about seven. NO traffic and my preferred parking spot even. Eased up to my first spot and promptly started putting fish in the box. If they weren’t studly they didn’t get the invitations to dinner. I had a few throwbacks and a little LMB that thought he was large. One of the smaller crackers hit me and wrapped instantly, letting me think I was now hung. But when I dropped the tip and threw slack his way he tried to take the rod out of my hand. I applied pressure and said to myself that he would come out or break off, thankfully he came out. Don't know what he was into but I had to replace the leader afterwards. Same spot, got hung and had to get it loose and took a down the bank cast before I came out. Got a thump and set the hook and here come the drag music. It was the big shellcracker and he didn’t want to meet me. Good thing I had the net out cuz I wasn’t taking any chances with this one. Best I’ve caught in two years.
    Name:  770B9580-E8F7-4FA8-8DF4-DEA768F9DD96.jpg
Views: 458
Size:  111.0 KB
    All along the way I’m picking one here and one there, a redbreast now and then but only one that got close enough to make the cut. You can see from the pics that it was an above average day for me. No one bothered me but I did have a couple of boats that I was able to say hey to as we passed, them bass fishing and me chasing the pan. A crescent moon was setting when I walked my beasts last night so no full moon all night like usual when I get a chance to go. You’ve heard me speak f it, here’s a pic of some of what I fish and keep in mind that it’s 2’ low right now= concentrated fish.
    Name:  EB4A6738-3642-4F8D-9692-364DD75F99E2.jpg
Views: 519
Size:  96.2 KB
    Name:  A18F517A-62C1-4B95-B4E4-311B9034F258.jpg
Views: 486
Size:  139.3 KB
    This is what greets me when I go to my office. Any wonder why I don’t like going to work? Look at the stains on the trees and you’ll see where it goes when the water is high. When that’s happens it’s best for me to fish elsewhere cuz they’re all out in the woods at the buffet it provides. Deeper banks held fish while shallower tapered banks held little. Deeper was about a. Foot or two right now. You can see what I get to fish when the water ifps high and what is also hidden, so I spend a lot of time going in after my jig. I sitting on my carport writing this and waiting for the family to get through the rain that has finally arrived and watered my almost dead lawn, I think there will be 9 of us for dinner and these 14 should feed us nicely. Thanks for coming along with me this weekend and let me wish all of us dads a HappyFathers Day this upcoming weekend. I hope you get as big a smile on your face as I’m sporting right now, it’s been an excellent day. Hope to see you on the water with fish in the box, until then…….. Skeet.Name:  74DF3549-DCEA-4BEE-ADF8-F834D1D61841.jpg
Views: 484
Size:  111.2 KB
    Name:  8748C69C-B019-494A-96E9-F79A82D9C48D.jpg
Views: 473
Size:  53.1 KB
    Name:  0502AB5A-83F6-45BC-9EE2-1ACAD1808DF5.jpg
Views: 473
Size:  103.8 KB
    Name:  E0783C89-D3A9-4374-B8A3-DAB8F61045DE.jpg
Views: 495
Size:  100.0 KB
    Name:  FFA6FDAE-A1FD-4C4A-86CE-BB583A361757.jpg
Views: 476
Size:  85.1 KB
    Name:  95A4A083-60B8-40F9-8CA1-3E836A7C23BB.jpg
Views: 484
Size:  102.8 KB
    Name:  1FDDA37B-9EBA-486D-B77C-8C83A815CF25.jpg
Views: 470
Size:  50.6 KB
    Last edited by skeetbum; 06-13-2021 at 05:39 PM.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats you came out with a nice mess. Going to make some great tacos
    The love for fishing is one of the best gifts you can pass along
    Thanks skeetbum thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Man, you had a heck of a day, those are some beautiful fish. Sure like the looks of that water your fishin!

Post Thanks / Like

Great post! Glad you got out and found them. Lots of nice fish and some awesome looking locations. That shellcracker looks huge along side the gills!
    Check out my Instagram fishing pics:
    https://www.instagram.com/fishfishwish/

Slabprowler is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice mess of good uns!
    glad to hear you finally got some rain!

Post Thanks / Like

Great catch and and some interesting looking water. Thanks for the photos.
    Bob

Post Thanks / Like

Nice catch Skeet, going to eat good.

Post Thanks / Like

Some good fish Tim....cool side shot in last pic to show their girth And Today Was The DayAnd Today Was The Day

Sent from my moto e5 go using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    crappie down !

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations on a fine mess of fish. Really like your office too...reminds me of some water I used to fish when I lived up in Chesapeake, Va.
    Proud to have served with and supported the Units I was in: 1st IDF, 9th INF, 558th USAAG (Greece), 7th Transportation Brigade, 6th MEDSOM (Korea), III Corp, 8th IDF, 3rd Armor Div.
    1980 Ebbtide Dyna-Trak 160 Evinrude 65 Triumph

BuckeyeCrappie is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Those are some beautiful fish, thanks for sharing.
    “If your too busy to fish, you’re too busy!” Buddy Ebsen
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    (Billbob and “G” approved!)
    Proud member of Tekeum’s Jigs Pro
    Staff

https://heavenornot.net/

heavenornot.net

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast