HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: High Fence Fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deathb4disco View Post
    I will happily be left behind.
    Thats what I think when everybody else is staring at there smartphone....
    Likes Ketchn, Truman_Sully, S10CHEVY LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Well said, stormcloud. My thoughts exactly! To each his own.
    "If you ain't the lead dog, the scenery never changes" Unknown
    Likes Ketchn, crp4570 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

boated somewhere between 400 and 500 crappie between 3 of us yesterday in very muddy water in 3.5 hours .the boat cost him 500 and the graph 200 . we simply used the let's go ketch them good app in our lil pea brains . the graph sort of helped a little bit at 2 spots , but our knowledge of the lake and the really muddy water scenario made it a legendary outing . watching flickering shad balls along the banks always works even if you have battery failure or wiring issues and or shallow pockets .....
    the best of the best fish were in really short water ambushing huge shoals of short water shad . does it always turn out like that you might ask , nope . would a high end graph have helped ? not likely is my thoughts .
    but keep in mind this , i love just about all the different ways to ketch fish and it is really fun to watch them eat baits , it reminds me of pacman and those little chomper fellas . it is really easy to target individual big fish and for a pro it is in fact a need not a want
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Likes BobC LIKED above post

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I spent almost $4k on my 126sv Livescope when it first came out. Thought I couldn’t live without it. It now has well less than 100 hours on it.
    95 % of my time on the lake is with clients. I’ve tried several methods of using Livescope that would allow multiple clients to benefit from it. I don’t have the submerged timber that the guy in Sam Rayburn who fishes out of a pontoon does(Greg). If I can’t make more than myself and maybe one client benefit while the other clients watch, the Garmin is useless to me. I refuse to stand there, watching a screen, and catch my clients ‘ fish for them like many guides do.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff
    Likes S10CHEVY LIKED above post
    Thanks Ketchn thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stormcloud View Post
    Fish finder stuff or words to that effect.
    Ok, that makes sense. I never would guessed it without help, though.
    The older I get the more I realize the therapeutic benefits of fishing
    Proud member of Michigan chapter "Team Overalls"
    Worlds proudest grandpa x6

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by spartannation View Post
    FFS?

Sorry FFS = Forward Facing Sonar .... with three different companies making a " Live sonar FFS covers them all . BTW don't feel bad I had to ask myself not long ago

Post Thanks / Like

Default High Fence Fishing

Quote Originally Posted by M R Dux View Post
    I spent almost $4k on my 126sv Livescope when it first came out. Thought I couldn’t live without it. It now has well less than 100 hours on it.
    95 % of my time on the lake is with clients. I’ve tried several methods of using Livescope that would allow multiple clients to benefit from it. I don’t have the submerged timber that the guy in Sam Rayburn who fishes out of a pontoon does(Greg). If I can’t make more than myself and maybe one client benefit while the other clients watch, the Garmin is useless to me. I refuse to stand there, watching a screen, and catch my clients ‘ fish for them like many guides do.

Sell it!!!!
    I’m sure Rickie can figure a way to mount another transducer on his boat. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Adams View Post
    Sell it!!!!
    I’m sure Rickie can figure a way to mount another transducer on his boat. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Ran into a guy at the boat ramp last year had a very nice Camo aluminum boat with large front deck who had TWO 12 in Garmin up front and 2 swivel transducer poles ( one on each side ) ! Of coarse I had to stop and ask , I said " man a fish can't hide from you !" To which he replied " I got so tired of hearing I CAN"T SEE MY JIG , I just went and got another unit and told them all to find their own jig/fish ! "
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 06-11-2021 at 06:55 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M R Dux View Post

pretty tough to have more than one person fish over it , 2 is the max no doubt and whoever owns it is likely to be better at it .
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12