HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fished Wateree 6/5 any tips for stripers?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fished Wateree 6/5 any tips for stripers?

Fished on Wateree this past weekend. Catfish seemed to be active, caught 5 channels 4 to 8 lbs on shad. Also picked up two small stripers on an umbrella rig.

Been trying to figure out the stripers on this lake, been 4 times now and have caught 5 total from 1 lb to 3 lbs. I've been all over the lake at various depths trying different strategies from slow troll /drift with live bait, jigging, and trolling (deep dive crank bait, umbrella rigs, Bucktail with grub, and a rig with both a bucktail and spoon. Water temp was from low 60s to low 80s. Any suggestions?

Also interested in trying out some crappie fishing here.....
    Likes BigDawgg LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dbsharp View Post
    Fished on Wateree this past weekend. Catfish seemed to be active, caught 5 channels 4 to 8 lbs on shad. Also picked up two small stripers on an umbrella rig.

Been trying to figure out the stripers on this lake, been 4 times now and have caught 5 total from 1 lb to 3 lbs. I've been all over the lake at various depths trying different strategies from slow troll /drift with live bait, jigging, and trolling (deep dive crank bait, umbrella rigs, Bucktail with grub, and a rig with both a bucktail and spoon. Water temp was from low 60s to low 80s. Any suggestions?

Also interested in trying out some crappie fishing here.....
    I think the stripers stay up in the river on Wateree this time of year. I haven't fished it in years though.

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck with the crappies too!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, tried up in the river last time, think I'll go again this weekend and stay there the whole time.

Post Thanks / Like

We fished up in the river today for cats. Used cut herring. Bite was slow all morning. Not much water running at all. I would think the stripers are down toward the middle of the lake. We ended up with about 33 cats & another boat had about 50 to 60 cats. No stripers at all.
    Likes FisherFore LIKED above post
    Thanks BigDawgg thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report. 33 cats sounds like a nice day, any big ones?

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the report Mr. Charles. I'm hoping to hit Wylie on Monday with captain Remus

Sent from my SM-G973U using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Nothing over about 10 lbs. Marked plenty of fish at several locations but not enough water moving to get the hot bite going. Other boat did better, a little further the river than us. I think they had 1 bigger fish and more fish.
    Likes BigDawgg, FisherFore LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, Mr. Charles good job on the cats! Keep us informed if you hit the hay day on stripers. Uncle Remus wants to take his Dawgg striper fishing so he can get a good smell on him.
    Likes FisherFore LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Went fishing again Sunday, some cats biting on the river nothing big. Went down to the lower half of the lake and got nothing on trolling rigs, tried a few things different this time. I'll try again in the fall.
    Likes FisherFore, BigDawgg LIKED above post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast