Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Loop knot or No tie fast snap?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Loop knot or No tie fast snap?

Which do You guys use to connect leader line to Your jigheads. (My truth)Once I found out about the fast snap, My catch rate has tripled. Talk about a perfectly horizontal presentation that they can't resist. Which of the 2, are You Using if any?

Sent from my SM-G998U using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Loop knot, or Palomar if my fingers are stiff that day.
    Bob
    Likes #1Crappiekiller LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

loop knot only for me .
    the fast snap will not fall the same as a loop knot .
    and horizontal is key ,but the loop knot is well known for being the king of horizontal anyway .
    set your jig free to be hunted down like it should .
    additional anything on my line is a nuisance item .
    there is a method to my madness I promise .
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Likes #1Crappiekiller, Jwater LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

loop
    >>>-----------> Make It Count!!! <><
    Likes #1Crappiekiller, Ketchn LIKED above post

Eagle 1 is offline Crappie.com Legend and Mississippi Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Fas-not for cranks but loop for jigging .

ezgoing is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I've used both and have mixed opinons about both. But as my fingers become less nimble I am being forced to use quick snaps more as I don't need to tie them on as often as I do the loop knot.

i use 20 # brad with the thickness of 2 # mono. I sometimes lose larger fish when fighting them with the look knot. The brad slips through the small space at the end of the "eye" when under pressure. Never happens on small fish, just the bigger ones.

But sometimes the same thing happens with the quick snap. The jig slips off the quick snap with fighting big fish. Not quite as often as with the loop knot. Plus I prefer to use 1/32 and 1/64 oz jigs and must tie on a smaller quick snap or use a different rod when I'm using the 1/64 oz.

So as I said, mixed opinions about both. But I will probably end up using quick snaps as it gets harder to tie a loop knot.
    We are all born ignorant but one must work really hard to remain stupid. -Ben Franklin
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    Any day I'm fishing is a good day, regardless of what I catch.

Post Thanks / Like

The little quick snaps were nice when I was bashing jig heads off on metal dock pilings. Made them quick to change. I opened one up pretty good on a very large blue cat that was hidding under a dock. It was a 20 minute fight once I got her out from under the dock. She gave that braid a good stretching. Turned the quick snap into a j hook. The little quick snap far exceeded what it was meant to do
    The love for fishing is one of the best gifts you can pass along

Post Thanks / Like

ezgoing, I want to make sure I understand you... you are using 20 lb braid with a 1/64 oz bait?

What exact snap do you use for a 1/64 oz?

Say, #1crappiekiller (OP), what exact fast snap do you use? Your catch rate went up? I gotta know, lol.

I have been using a loop knot but reason I ask all this is my eyes and fingers don't cooperate all the time either.

Quote Originally Posted by ezgoing View Post
    I've used both and have mixed opinons about both. But as my fingers become less nimble I am being forced to use quick snaps more as I don't need to tie them on as often as I do the loop knot.

i use 20 # brad with the thickness of 2 # mono. I sometimes lose larger fish when fighting them with the look knot. The brad slips through the small space at the end of the "eye" when under pressure. Never happens on small fish, just the bigger ones.

But sometimes the same thing happens with the quick snap. The jig slips off the quick snap with fighting big fish. Not quite as often as with the loop knot. Plus I prefer to use 1/32 and 1/64 oz jigs and must tie on a smaller quick snap or use a different rod when I'm using the 1/64 oz.

So as I said, mixed opinions about both. But I will probably end up using quick snaps as it gets harder to tie a loop knot.
    ~~~
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Fast Snap Year around.

Post Thanks / Like

Tie knot directly to jig eye. No loop or fast snap.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast