Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boat trailer fiasco

Micanopy is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

My wife was driving through town when a woman insured by State Farm rear ended her. The collision drove my wife’s car into the one in front of her, driving that one into the one in front of it. The cop charged the State Farm driver.

So State Farm adjuster finally calls back and when she does she left a message for me. She had conducted an exhaustive investigation and determined that my wife had first collided with the car in front of her, driving it into the one in front of it, causing the State Farm driver to have to attempt an emergency stop, which she was unable to do due to the abruptness of the collision my wife caused. She also mentioned that the policy of the lady who hit my wife was a small policy and very limited in what might be covered.

So our own insurer is fixing the car- $7,000+ because there was no way State Farm was going to do anything but blame us. It will be up to me to get the rental car fees and diminished value out of State Farm. A long process that they will no doubt fight tooth and nail. My insurer said that they are notorious for delaying and stalling in the hopes that people will simply get frustrated and give up.

I whacked my boat trailer fender on a gate just last week. Ripped the cover right off. I think I can fix it, but your bent aluminum trailer is not to be trusted.

I once saw a man driving an expensive boat across a large bridge. He swerved a few times and it simply flopped over and slid down the road some. What a mess that was.

The good news is you are OK and still have the boat. Good luck with the adjuster. They are a miserable lot and well deserved of that very fact.
    Maybe they will bite this one……
    Likes M R Dux LIKED above post

Micanopy is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

My wife was driving through town when a woman insured by State Farm rear ended her. The collision drove my wife’s car into the one in front of her, driving that one into the one in front of it. The cop charged the State Farm driver.

So State Farm adjuster finally calls back and when she does she left a message for me. She had conducted an exhaustive investigation and determined that my wife had first collided with the car in front of her, driving it into the one in front of it, causing the State Farm driver to have to attempt an emergency stop, which she was unable to do due to the abruptness of the collision my wife caused. She also mentioned that the policy of the lady who hit my wife was a small policy and very limited in what might be covered.

So our own insurer is fixing the car- $7,000+ because there was no way State Farm was going to do anything but blame us. It will be up to me to get the rental car fees and diminished value out of State Farm. A long process that they will no doubt fight tooth and nail. My insurer said that they are notorious for delaying and stalling in the hopes that people will simply get frustrated and give up.

I whacked my boat trailer fender on a gate just last week. Ripped the cover right off. I think I can fix it, but your bent aluminum trailer is not to be trusted.

I once saw a man driving an expensive boat across a large bridge. He swerved a few times and it simply flopped over and slid down the road some. What a mess that was.

The good news is you are OK and still have the boat. Good luck with the adjuster. They are a miserable lot and well deserved of that very fact.
    Maybe they will bite this one……

Post Thanks / Like

sure glad no one got seriously injured , lots of folks could have died in an accident like you described .
    what a total bummer on the trailer , from what you describe in damages i would tend to think ....
    send it to the scrap yard at the end of the day .
    good to hear the wife is home and getting better
    and to the whoever that ran you off the road .....their day is coming for sure ...
    you reap what you sow
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales

Post Thanks / Like

Everyone of any age has at least one insurance horror story. One thing you could do is tell the insurance co and follow through that you will be contacting your state PUC or the appropriate agency and report the incident. Sometimes a little heat under the chair will do the trick.
    Bob

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear, glad everyone is OK.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

Terrible road and ancient bridges very poorly designed. I stopped using that road several years ago because of it's dangerous condition. Sorry for your problem. Hope insurance company finally comes threw for you.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12