HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: lab for dove hunting

Post Thanks / Like

Default lab for dove hunting

I posted on main forum then seen the hunting forum i should have posted in, does anyone have or know of hunting labs for sale ?
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

its difficult these days to find reasonably priced puppies
    some of the numbers out there are just unreal
    good luck to you on the hunt
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Thanks Micmac thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't been looking lately, but when I was looking I perused retriever central and gundogs.net

Drove to Michigan for my male, 1st female (almost 2) came from Illinois but a couple from Maine met me about 3 hours from my house on their way home with their puppy. My youngest female 1yr old came from North Carolina waited almost a year for her. The first breeding didn't take so waited for the next cycle.

I'll be breeding my oldest female when she comes into heat probably around July or August.

I just read an article yesterday where a lot of the dogs that got adopted during the pandemic are being returned to the shelters as people are returning to work and other reasons. Availability might start getting better, you might be able to find a little older dog someone else is giving up.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought my last lab several years ago. The most recent pup I have was basically a rescue and so far as been the best dog I have ever owned. Even though she is trained to track wounded deer, she will retrieve a bird or 2 or basically about anything else I ask her to do. Its almost like she speaks English and knows just about anything I tell her.
    Now my brother in law has a high dollar duck dog that is a retrieving fool. Both great dogs.
    Scott Echols
    Hi-Tek Stuff
    Crazy Angler Tackle

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hitek View Post
    I bought my last lab several years ago. The most recent pup I have was basically a rescue and so far as been the best dog I have ever owned. Even though she is trained to track wounded deer, she will retrieve a bird or 2 or basically about anything else I ask her to do. Its almost like she speaks English and knows just about anything I tell her.
    Now my brother in law has a high dollar duck dog that is a retrieving fool. Both great dogs.
    When my Yellow lab and I are Pheasant hunting alone....its just plain spooky how well she can anticipate what I'm going to do, and how well she responds to light whistles and hand signals with no training ....Its a whole different level of commutation.

Post Thanks / Like

I just got a pup on March 31. I found it on FB in the Labs and Lab puppies for Adoption group. I think most states have a page. I couldn't be more pleased.
    Likes Ketchn LIKED above post