HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Humminbird's answer to Panoptics

Post Thanks / Like

What he said!

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe, but I don’t think they would be taking preorders if they didn’t have a firm idea. To my knowledge they have not done anything like that before. Anyone know different?

They may even skip the trial by fire with the bass and tournament guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Likes GrumpyLoomis LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Default Humminbird's answer to Panoptics

Don’t believe the Outlet you are referring to is even associated with Johnson Outdoors and has been known to be problematic for a lot customers who have used that site. As far as I have read, and I read all over the internet about fishing, Mega Live still doesn’t even officially exist yet according to Johnson Outdoors. Also believe Johnson Outdoors has nothing to do with preorders, any retailer can just take them. Ask the Lowrance guys how preorders have worked out for them with Active Target. Nobody wants it to be real and rolled out more than Roy and I, a lot of us are frustrated with Garmin. But everything I am seeing is June or July at the best case and more likely 2022 before it comes to retail.

2018 Crappie Masters Kentucky/Tennessee State Champion

cevans is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

ICAST is July 22 in Orlando. I think it will definitely be out and guys using it before then. Chip shortage has HB right now concentrating on filling the G4N and Solix orders as HB is behind on them. That is what I am hearing. However,,it’s all a crapshoot.

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    authorized by: Billbob and "G"
    Likes GrumpyLoomis LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pab1981 View Post
    Don’t believe the Outlet you are referring to is even associated with Johnson Outdoors and has been known to be problematic for a lot customers who have used that site. As far as I have read, and I read all over the internet about fishing, Mega Live still doesn’t even officially exist yet according to Johnson Outdoors. Also believe Johnson Outdoors has nothing to do with preorders, any retailer can just take them. Ask the Lowrance guys how preorders have worked out for them with Active Target. Nobody wants it to be real and rolled out more than Roy and I, a lot of us are frustrated with Garmin. But everything I am seeing is June or July at the best case and more likely 2022 before it comes to retail.

I don’t know about that. As for the site, I bought my helix from the site a couple years ago with no problems. I know several others who have used it also.

Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BroKenneth View Post
    I don’t know about that. As for the site, I bought my helix from the site a couple years ago with no problems. I know several others who have used it also.

Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    It’s your money, the reviews are out there for anyone to see. But the Hummingbird Factory Outlet is a completely separate company, not associated in anyway with Hummingbird the manufacturer units/sonar which is owned by Johnson Outdoors. Just a retailer that grabbed up that name.

2018 Crappie Masters Kentucky/Tennessee State Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pab1981 View Post
    It’s your money, the reviews are out there for anyone to see. But the Hummingbird Factory Outlet is a completely separate company, not associated in anyway with Hummingbird the manufacturer units/sonar which is owned by Johnson Outdoors. Just a retailer that grabbed up that name.
    Yeah ... they also did that for about 100 other manufacturers including Garmin and Lowrance. When I was looking to buy a few years ago I ran across them and did some reviews .... did not like what I saw. Too many complaints .... especially from people who used their extended warranty.

Went with BBG marine instead.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234