Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: What I Saw Yesterday Pymatuning & Conneaut Lake

Post Thanks / Like

Default What I Saw Yesterday Pymatuning & Conneaut Lake

We took a ride over Pymatuning way just to Linesville. North end I saw a couple shanties east of the Linesville marina. They were out a good ways offshore. Got my limit of Delmonico steaks at Ray's Market for $6.99 a #. The South end of Conneaut Lake had a lot of open water and no fishermen but we did see 4 folks wandering around the North end of Conneaut Lake. No idea on ice thickness. Still waiting for the subzero and single digit low temps forecasted for NW PA but they keep pushing it back. I'm figuring on doing some jig tying and tackle organizing with the heater on in the basement. That is after the bride and I vac pack the steaks for the freezer....Take Care and Be Safe!
    Likes S10CHEVY, chaunc, WVSkip, Slab LIKED above post

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Well we got that deep freeze and more. Couple of my buddies have been doing pretty good on the south end of Pymatuning lately. I’m going in the morning and see if I can find some good size gills and perch. Would like to have a nice little fishfry this week.
    Name:  8112F03B-0328-4812-B888-4C6FB30FBFF4.jpg
Views: 479
Size:  50.4 KB
    Likes "G", S10CHEVY, zekepa, mchech, gdengr, WVSkip, bprice1031 LIKED above post

Micanopy is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mchech View Post
    We took a ride over Pymatuning way just to Linesville. North end I saw a couple shanties east of the Linesville marina. They were out a good ways offshore. Got my limit of Delmonico steaks at Ray's Market for $6.99 a #. The South end of Conneaut Lake had a lot of open water and no fishermen but we did see 4 folks wandering around the North end of Conneaut Lake. No idea on ice thickness. Still waiting for the subzero and single digit low temps forecasted for NW PA but they keep pushing it back. I'm figuring on doing some jig tying and tackle organizing with the heater on in the basement. That is after the bride and I vac pack the steaks for the freezer....Take Care and Be Safe!

When i was a kid, my grandparents lived in Meadville and would take us to Conneaut lake amusement park where we rode the BlueStreak and the Wacky Mouse. Our favorite though was tossing bread to the carp at Pymatuning. Ducks would walk across the fish to get our fine offerings. No one wver believes me when I tell them that though.
    Maybe they will bite this one……
    Likes S10CHEVY LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

My wife and I did about the same as you . We took a ride around the southern part of Pymy, there was a ton of people fishing from Jamestown docks to Stocker island. I talked to one guy said the ice was about 8 in. by the docks. We took a drive a little more north to Erie, drove out to the Coast Guard station on Presque Isle. The whole bay was frozen and probably 100 people fishing on it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Micanopy View Post
    When i was a kid, my grandparents lived in Meadville and would take us to Conneaut lake amusement park where we rode the BlueStreak and the Wacky Mouse. Our favorite though was tossing bread to the carp at Pymatuning. Ducks would walk across the fish to get our fine offerings. No one wver believes me when I tell them that though.
    Not much left of the CL Park but the carp and ducks are still there.