HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Electric Knives

Post Thanks / Like

well after reading the above If My American Angler ever quits, and it is 12 years or older I will have to get a bubba, or one like bubba.

Post Thanks / Like

are blades on electric knives interchangeable? I had no idea some were..

Post Thanks / Like

Some are some are not. From what I read in this thread apparently the Mr. Twister blades fit the Bubba. We have 3 of the older American made (2 12v 1 110) American knives, made in Walnut Ridge AR when they play out the bubba looks like the deal
    Likes Redge LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stormcloud View Post
    Cordless Bubba Blade with Mr. Twister blades in it. Best knife I have ever used. You can do a better job with a chainsaw that the blades that come with the Bubba.
    Well now that's interesting. The short blades that came with my Bubba have had the backs cut away. They work ok on the bigger crappie but the smaller feesh get mangled in a hurry as the bones are no match for the Bubba. I like the full backed blades but don't like using the 3 1/12 ft long set up.
    Is this the same reason you like the Twister blades?

Post Thanks / Like

Just got a Bubba battery knife for Christmas and have not used it yet. I have several older Mr. Twister blades and will heed this advise. On another note, can these Mr. Twister blades be sharpened efficiently or it is better just to get new ones?

Quote Originally Posted by stormcloud View Post
    Cordless Bubba Blade with Mr. Twister blades in it. Best knife I have ever used. You can do a better job with a chainsaw that the blades that come with the Bubba.

Post Thanks / Like

I have sharpened mister twister blades, I have a worksharp belt type sharpener and they did cut better, I would have to look at the instructions but I believe it sharpens on the smooth side not the serrated side. I have also swiped the serrated side on a smaller diameter knife steel and that worked also. I probably need to experiment with sharpening them more.
    Likes stormcloud LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I've been involved in knife sharpening as a side job for years. cattoon is right in this style blade needs to be resharpened on the flat, but very lightly as they are designed for a certain gap between blades to eliminate friction but as that gap grows product can get between and cause unnecessary separation. It is just not worth messing with other than a touch up or two till they can be replaced. That's a lot of fish before they need touched up. If the tips are damaged from hitting the table or something just pitch them and get new. Sharpening the serrated side is possible but not really worth the hassle.
    Thanks rufishn, Joedog thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I will admit I don’t catch as many fish as all you pros so i don’t get to use my knife as much as you guys/gals. My wife bought me the bubba cordless for Father’s Day last year and i love it. It sure beats running cords from my inverter in the truck or being dependent on power. The only thing i wish they would have done is make the back of the batteries flat so you could stand them up instead of laying them down. Just seems like it would be nice to have it standing up. Can’t give an opinion on how long it will last since I have only had it about 8 months and only caught one fish (LOL).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Likes GrumpyLoomis LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Welp, I wanted to be like everyone here so bought a cordless bubba today...I had an old corded berkley knife that was a PITA, was constantly having to mess with the fuse to keep it lit and just doesnt have much power for anything past decent sized crappies....never paid more than $20 for a filet knife in my life, how times change...
    Likes LadyBear LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Have a question on the Bubba knives how well does the battery hold up? If the battery dies can you plug into 110 and keep going? Is the stroke fairly long as I notice on my 110 Volt Rapala the stroke is fairly short so doing bigger fish and cutting thru the ribs does not go well. it`s like trying to saw thru a piece of wood with a dull saw. My first Rapala years and years ago would slice thru the thicker ribs like butter ( it finally let out the magic smoke ) not this one that part I am pretty disappointed in. It does work pretty good for fish like Crappies.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast