HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It just gets better!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by s_v View Post
    Great times with trout magnets... The no-go with cranks – just no bites or conditions weren't right?

No bites at all. Conditions were perfect at the spot I was fishing. Got some great looking spoons coming from Finesse Fishing to try also. Right now there are not any shad below the dam. That will change soon though.

Regards
    Likes s_v LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to see your back in the game and doing good. Keep the fish sore lipped.
    Likes Alphahawk LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

You got me itching to go hit the 'Hooch and catch some stockers now. It will be very muddy with the rain, so I'll wait for it to clear up some.
    "Alive without breath, as cold as death; never thirsty, ever drinking, all in mail never clinking."

Post Thanks / Like

Good to see you out wading, hope there is a video. Has the 6.7 ABU Slow Taper Special taken a back seat to the Diplomat? Would it do well for trout in these conditions? Just curious

Post Thanks / Like

Well done. Thanks for sharing your day and the pics of those beautiful trout with the rest of us.
    "Just Like Iron Sharpens Iron... So it is that One Man Sharpens Another Man." Proverbs 27:17
    Thanks Alphahawk thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by StantheMan2567 View Post
    Good to see you out wading, hope there is a video. Has the 6.7 ABU Slow Taper Special taken a back seat to the Diplomat? Would it do well for trout in these conditions? Just curious
    I caught about a dozen trout a few weeks ago on the 6.7 Eradicator and had a blast. I thought it did really well. Not sure how it will stack up against others but I’m sure the SME will chime in shortly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by StantheMan2567 View Post
    No video for this trip. The STS is still my overall favorite rod. I have caught tons of trout on a TM over the past 12 years using several different rods. The Diplomat fishes the TM for trout better than any rod I have ever used. The STS would fish those conditions great also. I was fishing reasonably flat water. But now that the rains have come I may not see Normandy with the same conditions for quite a while. When winter rains start they can let out so much water one may not fish it for months....no matter which lure you use. Going to try to go tomorrow....the flow will be more than double from this trip but still fishable. After tomorrow all bets are off....the flow chart shows the flow to double from today.....but from my experience in all likelihood the flow will quadruple.

Regards

Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Thanks StantheMan2567 thanked you for this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12