HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It just gets better!

Post Thanks / Like

Default It just gets better!

Headed to Normandy late morning to wade fish. I have not waded in years due to my back and leg issues. As you can see it was a successful trip. I was fishing a spot that is about 6 feet deep. Tried several cranks but no go with them. Picked up the Trout Magnet rod....the Abu Garcia Diplomat Extreme 6’ 2” solid tip UL and it was game on. Twitching a Bison colored Trout Magnet I netted about 4 dozen stockers in the 9-11 inch range and 2 beautiful 18 inch rainbows. All fish released to fight another day. The new net is going back to Amazon.....the 2 big trout both politely jumped out. The basket is just not deep enough. Line was 2.3# test Varivas ester mono with a 5 foot section of Phantom FC leader....Daiwa Gekkabijin jig head 1 gram #8 hook. This rod is a trout catching machine.....great action. We are to get a lot of rain the next 2 days which means Normandy will probably be unfishable for a while....I sure hope that does not happen as Normandy is fishing great...short drive and lots of hard fighting trout. Had an absolute ball. Hard to get good photos wade fishing....LOL. Life is getting better everyday! Life is good!

Regards
    Attached Images Attached Images       

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful fish and great report. Thanks for taking us along!
    Bob
    Thanks Alphahawk thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Nice going and Thanks for the report. Trout look a little skinny so they must be hungry. Might have to have a better look at the Bison color magnets.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice going... my wading trout net probably doesn’t protect the trout as good as yours but it is plenty deep for big trout... I’ve had to bear hug a few after getting them in the net but they have never flopped out haha... Name:  AABE072D-724E-4561-B02D-BAECCDF9C876.jpg
Views: 320
Size:  59.2 KB
    Likes Cricketcage LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JUNGLEJIMJIGS View Post
    Nice going and Thanks for the report. Trout look a little skinny so they must be hungry. Might have to have a better look at the Bison color magnets.

They are about normal for there at this time of year. The pics don't do the 2 bigger fish justice.....go to be the worst pics of fish I've taken.

Regards

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VaCrappieMan View Post
    Nice going... my wading trout net probably doesn’t protect the trout as good as yours but it is plenty deep for big trout... I’ve had to bear hug a few after getting them in the net but they have never flopped out haha... Name:  AABE072D-724E-4561-B02D-BAECCDF9C876.jpg
Views: 320
Size:  59.2 KB

The specs on the net were wrong...listed the bag depth at 14 inches but it is only 8 inches...and no real give to the net. I bit the bullet and ordered the Fish Pond Nomad Emerger net.

Regards

Post Thanks / Like

It's nice to see you recovered from your surgery so well. I know what a great feeling it must be to be able to do the things you love. Great looking fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Great times with trout magnets... The no-go with cranks – just no bites or conditions weren't right?

Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps if you put a 5 lb. weight inside your net and stretch it out some you can get more depth. Tangle free nets are a must, especially with trout the way the roll and twist.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JUNGLEJIMJIGS View Post
    Perhaps if you put a 5 lb. weight inside your net and stretch it out some you can get more depth. Tangle free nets are a must, especially with trout the way the roll and twist.

While this was advertised as soft rubber it is not. Not sure what the stuff is but no stretch to it at all. Should have ordered the right net to begin with instead of cheaping out. I had a great trout net a couple of years back with the soft silicone bag...gave it to my son.

Regards

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast