HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Tracker Pro 175 TF

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tracker Pro 175 TF

Anyone here fish a 175 TF?

My local tracker dealer just got one in and I am looking at it. So far I really like what I am seeing. It has a lot of seating options and lots of storage. 2 livewells. Says it’s great for panfish, Crappie and Bass.

Thx for all the info.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

I looked at them closely before deciding I wanted to go bigger and purchased a 190 TX. The 175 TF looks like a great boat. If I were buying it I would insist on the 75 HP motor option. The 75 is essentially the same motor as the 90 and 115. They are also made in the US. I've been told the 60 is made in China.

Likely a year, or so, after you get it you'll want to go to a 24 V trolling motor. No problem fitting in the extra Group 27 battery. You could even fit a pair of group 29's
    Tracker 190TX
    90 HP Merc
    80 Fortrex
    Thanks Gratefan thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I’m going to buy a new boat in the near future. Was thinking about the tracker 175. Started doing research & decided on the Lowe 175 stinger. No wood on the Lowe , & the front deck has a lot more room. They are comparable fishing boats but I decided that the Lowe was a little nicer but still affordable. The Lowe is about $2000 more for a 2021.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com
    Likes Tradbow LIKED above post

Micanopy is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I just went through the process of selecting a new boat. I would advise that picking a boat dealer that is somewhat close by and pleases their customers is very important. If you don’t like the dealer it makes it hard to like the boat. The largest size engine is not always the best choice, though most times it is. Figure out where you will be spending most of your time while on the boat, then imagine where you will store needed gear, like coolers and buckets and such. Try to climb around on it and just plain old sit on it for some time.

I was all set to buy the Grizzly 2072 Sportsman (bow fish deck). However after crawling around on it I realized there was no way to climb down off the boat when putting it back on the trailer. Needs two people. It was about five feet from deck down to trailer. I would never have noticed this had I not spent time checking it out. They put the trolling motor in the only spot you could even make an attempt.

Finally avoid the two foot more syndrome - where in a years time you need two more feet of boat. Get the bigger boat now and save money.

Reviews of Tracker boats can help reveal many things about your boat. There are a lot of complaints, but they also sell the most boats. Still there may be a common complaint and you will want to know how that will be dealt with when it comes your turn. All boats break down, it is how they get fixed that matters.

Good luck to you.
    Maybe they will bite this one……
    Likes silverside, Tradbow, Tom 513 LIKED above post

Tradbow is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I went thru the process three years ago. There are so many things that you should be considering but will not realize till months later. I went with Xpress, all metal no wood. BUT... there are issues or wish I had done this different till it’s to late then you’ll have to decide what updates need to be done. My suggestion is knowing updates will need to be done (steering and electrical system in my case) look very close at the guts of the boat and go from there.

Post Thanks / Like

I had a 2007 pro crappie 175 for a few years. Great boat and love the layout. I decided to get a bigger glass boat with a big front deck. I also fish in a 45k acre lake often and wanted stability as 10 mph winds kept me limited in where I could fish.

My tracker had a 50 hp 2 stroke and would ride 30 mph at wot. I think it is a great boat for smaller lakes and one or two fisherman. The welds were solid and didn't have any quality concerns. I know this is not the exact model but is a pretty close cousin. Good luck in your search!
    Likes Gratefan, Tom 513 LIKED above post