HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Recently retired and want to start fishing for crappies

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the suggestions. Did a quick check of Kyle lake. It was recently drawn down for dam repairs. Fish were removed and transported to Cloe lake. It appears that the dam has been recently repaired and the lake is being restocked with panfish first. Fishing should be ready in 3-5 years. It will be in our plans for the future. Cloe lake is a small electric only impoundment. I will check it out also.
    Heard the same thing about Howard having small crappies.
    Are there any places to stay near Pymatuning or Shenango lakes? We could consider a trip for a couple days.
    Likes S10CHEVY LIKED above post

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gdengr View Post
    Thank you for the suggestions. Did a quick check of Kyle lake. It was recently drawn down for dam repairs. Fish were removed and transported to Cloe lake. It appears that the dam has been recently repaired and the lake is being restocked with panfish first. Fishing should be ready in 3-5 years. It will be in our plans for the future. Cloe lake is a small electric only impoundment. I will check it out also.
    Heard the same thing about Howard having small crappies.
    Are there any places to stay near Pymatuning or Shenango lakes? We could consider a trip for a couple days.
    Plenty of hotels within minutes of the lake. Lots of places to eat too. Only problem is not very many bait shops. Jigs work very well on this lake so minnows aren’t that important. Gulp minnows will suffice if you’re not comfortable with just jigs.

Post Thanks / Like

I think chaunc ment shenango for the bait shops , pymatuming has plenty of bait shops , and lodging a little less than shenango, welcome to the area !
    Thanks chaunc thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thank for the info. We plan to do a trip to the area to check things out before we make a fishing trip in the spring.
    Do you ever have any get togethers for the members? We would be interested in attending if the COVID situation improves.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey gdengr: I am Zimmerman and live just off of the Reynoldsville exit on 80 . I have fished for all and just fish for crappie , walleye and perch now. I can help you! This site is great Recently retired and want to start fishing for crappies I have a Lund with a 20 and electric motor too! I did hard water fish till couple years ago now it’s just soft water . I have fish all over pa and Ohio . Do you live at Treasure lake? Some good fishing Recently retired and want to start fishing for crappies there. Get back to me I am also retired and ?? to fish. Hope to hear from you!Recently retired and want to start fishing for crappiesRecently retired and want to start fishing for crappiesRecently retired and want to start fishing for crappiesRecently retired and want to start fishing for crappies

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Zimmy.
    We live near the Dubois Mall. Other side of Interstate 80 from Treasure Lake. Trying to learn the area.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gdengr View Post
    Hi Zimmy.
    We live near the Dubois Mall. Other side of Interstate 80 from Treasure Lake. Trying to learn the area.
    Hey that’s great. At one time I had time share at TL good fishing there . Sold time share now I don’t fish there. But there other places : I like to fish high average lakes . Glendale , yellow creek lake, lake Arthur , Wilhelm Shenango, Pymatuning, every year in May take 1-2 weeks and go to port Clinton for walleye weeks, love it out there, totally different then Erie pa. If you see a white GMC Acadia in DuBois with a front plate that says I ?? fishing that’s me . Hope I can help you and wet some jigsRecently retired and want to start fishing for crappiesRecently retired and want to start fishing for crappiesRecently retired and want to start fishing for crappiesRecently retired and want to start fishing for crappiesRecently retired and want to start fishing for crappiesRecently retired and want to start fishing for crappies

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

S10CHEVY is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General - Moderator Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Zimmy named some more good lakes.

As far as a get together, will wait to see what will happen with restrictions. But, some like Zimmy offering for you to go with him, is a good thing for now.

Post Thanks / Like

Agreed.
    Will hang tight for now and do some scouting around the lakes mentioned.
    Again, thanks to everyone willing to help.

Post Thanks / Like

Any suggestions for getting topo maps of the suggested lakes?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast