HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Lake Okeechobee

Post Thanks / Like

Right now the day bite has been on fire. We've been getting 2 and 3 man limits in 2 to 3 hours
    Thanks up2specks thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Sliknquik, you in the river or out on the lake? Single pole in the grass?? Thanx.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by B-52 Guy View Post
    Hey Sliknquik, you in the river or out on the lake? Single pole in the grass?? Thanx.
    Been fishing out in the lake...usually 2 poles jigging in the grass

Post Thanks / Like

Watergate/Slinkquick. Slinquick I agree, you don't need a generator, but that is the 'standard' for fishing at night on the north end in the river at night based on what I saw. Watergate, In KY I set up the following for crappie fishing at night. Went to a store that had RV supplies. Bought 3 50W 12VDC bulbs, also got 3 clamp-on lights to clamp on to the side of the boat. I used a multiple outlet strip, removed the 3 prong plug, and replaced it with a cable with red and black clamps to plug/connect onto a deep cycle battery. Plugged in the three clamp on lights into the strip with the 50W 12VDC bulbs. (the strip is now connected to the battery. I clamped the lights to one side of the boat and the light produced worked good. With a 90Amp hour battery, this should work for a while. 90 amp/hours, 3, 50W bulbs will use 12-15 Amps/hour, so based on your battery amp/hour rating, you will know how long the battery will last. Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like

Was considering coming down for a week. Love jigging in the grass and pads!! Are there decent accomodations in the area close to north end?? Thanx

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by B-52 Guy View Post
    Was considering coming down for a week. Love jigging in the grass and pads!! Are there decent accomodations in the area close to north end?? Thanx
    There is a Holiday Inn and a Hampton in O-town that are relatively new. There are also several smaller mom/pop type motels and campgrounds.

Post Thanks / Like

how about motels and resteraunts on south side? Any good guides to recommend who work out of south? couple buds about to go there and they are clueless!

Post Thanks / Like

good tackle store south who can educate new folks to area? thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

hdhntr, for what it's worth. Spend about 5 days at Belle Glade on the south end several years ago in late January with 3 other guys. Intent was to BASS fish. Me and my partner bought about $40 worth of shiners the 1st day and caught a pile of 'Mud fish', and a few Large mouths. We decided to switch to crappie/bluegill fishing and killed the crappie while the other two guys continued to try to catch LM Bass. They did catch some, but nothing like what we did on the panfish. We stayed with a friend in his trailer, so don't know about accommodations there. All I know is they have a McDonalds with an Orange tree overhanging a dumpster from someone's back yard. Spend every morning when we got breakfast there climbing up on top of the dumpster and picking oranges for us all. There is a place called Sims Fish Camp you may need to check out. I'm sure they have a pile of guide service and information you may need to fish the south end. I did not like the area personally. Seemed to be run down in most areas.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hdhntr View Post
    how about motels and resteraunts on south side? Any good guides to recommend who work out of south? couple buds about to go there and they are clueless!
    If you want a guide theres only 1 I'd recommend...his name is Brad Gibson with G3 outfitters. Not sure if he fishes the south end but if you wanna get your limit and learn a few things along the way hes your man. Hes been putting 2 and 3 man limits in the boat day after day
    Likes swat1018 LIKED above post

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast