HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sardis - Engineers Point 12/6

Takeum is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

That is a flat out dangerous situation ,,,somebody needs to be held accountable for damage to boats and people,,,been way long since it’s been noticed. City people get 30 days to fix an issue with potholes before they become liable,,,,should be the sAme for all government,,,
    Ranger boats
    Perotti pro holders
    Avery outdoors superstore

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sardis - Engineers Point 12/6

I know it’s there and have hit it a couple times myself. There was a bouy on it, but that disappeared. Name:  IMG_1117.jpg
Views: 665
Size:  81.7 KB

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com
    Carl's Guide Service
    Sardis Lake
    Enid Lake
    Grenada Lake
    901-734-7536

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by armyman View Post
    OK, fellas. I just talked to a gentleman named Houston at the Sardis office. I told him about our concern at the Engineer's Point. There is a plan! They are going to put a lake level gauge at the site of the pipe, that's the reason it hasn't been cut off. He said it was planned to do while the water was low. They are paving the ramp lot right now. I told him they better make haste, because when it starts raining, it won't be long before it's under water.
    If any of you guys are planning to fish there any time in the near future and see any activity, let us know by posting to this thrI ead.
    Tight lines and be safe!
    Thanks Armyman, I sure hope they do what they say. In meantime, a PVC pipe slipped over the steel beam is a great idea. Anyone know what size we need? I'd guess from memory (mine is not so good anymore) that the beam is 10" or 12". Problem can be fixed for about $50 in material.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CatchumDeep View Post
    Thanks Armyman, I sure hope they do what they say. In meantime, a PVC pipe slipped over the steel beam is a great idea. Anyone know what size we need? I'd guess from memory (mine is not so good anymore) that the beam is 10" or 12". Problem can be fixed for about $50 in material.
    I finally got someone on the phone at the field office. He told me the same thing G posted that they were going to put a depth marker on that I beam. I asked him about putting a piece of pvc over it and he said no need they were planning on getting this done while the water was low. I've got a piece of 10 inch schedule 40 if they don't do something I may donate it it next time I'm down there.
    Likes Redge LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gcor View Post
    I finally got someone on the phone at the field office. He told me the same thing G posted that they were going to put a depth marker on that I beam. I asked him about putting a piece of pvc over it and he said no need they were planning on getting this done while the water was low. I've got a piece of 10 inch schedule 40 if they don't do something I may donate it it next time I'm down there.
    Thanks for the update, gcor. I knew somebody would have a piece of that laying around. I hope they do what they say. If they don't, we may take care of ourselves to prevent more damage to someone's boat....and ask for forgiveness later!
    "If you ain't the lead dog, the scenery never changes" Unknown
    Likes Redge LIKED above post

Takeum is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a bunch of gouges from that ramp,,,,never knew what it was,,,ought to cost me plenty to have my Ranger bottom repaired,,,wonder if my insurance will cover those repairs,,,
    Ranger boats
    Perotti pro holders
    Avery outdoors superstore

Post Thanks / Like

5 minutes with a torch would save 1000s of dollars.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deltarat View Post
    5 minutes with a torch would save 1000s of dollars.
    I agree! But a lake gauge there would be helpful if they wanted to spend the money.

Post Thanks / Like

Rode down there last night to get a measurement and they have fixed the problem. And the ramp is open just have to maneuver around the the equipment.
    Thanks CatchumDeep thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gcor View Post
    Rode down there last night to get a measurement and they have fixed the problem. And the ramp is open just have to maneuver around the the equipment.
    gcor, what did they end up doing to fix it?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast