Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best January-March crappie lake.

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome! Getting so many good replies. I really appreciate it!

Post Thanks / Like

Anywhere but Weiss if you want to catch fish
    Likes Slabhunter101 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Footballcoach got that right. Weiss has been way over fished in the last few years.
    Likes Slabhunter101 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I was just in your same position. My wife and I were living in Starkville, MS and I was looking to retire in a couple of years. We wanted a place ON the water and in addition to good fishing it had to have a "good town" with doctors, shopping, etc. that we would need in retirement (takes Smith Lake and a few others off the table). It also had to be within easy driving range of our family in N. GA AND it had to be reasonable driving distance back to Starkville because my wife still has 5 or so years left working at Ms State Univ. That took Wilson, Wheeler, Pickwick, and some others off the table. We aren't made of money, so that took Guntersville off the table (even though we LOVE the lake and the area). That left us with Weiss, Neely Henry, and Logan Martin. Logan Martin has some pollution issues (I like to eat fish without PCBs). Weiss is great and has some affordable nice houses but the town just doesn't cut it for us. You have to drive into either Rome or Gadsden for any kind of real shopping or services. That left Neely Nenry. Fishing isn't as good there as Guntersville or Weiss, but it is still good. We settled on Rainbow City and were able to find a nice house (even though it needs some serious upgrading) at a decent price.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank so much for your input.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12