HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Thread: POLETAP SMARTROD SLAB HUNTER raffle - Ends Dec 25th

Post Thanks / Like

I just bought one, so I need another one for my other hand, I need all the help, I can get; plus they are pretty.
    Likes BuckeyeCrappie LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Fishing local lake and catching crappie out of a brush pile , as .I was lifting a crappie out of the water when up pops a large otter chasing the same crappie . I don't know who was the most surprised. That was the last crappie I caught out of that brush pile. I didn't know there were any otters in our area.

BuckeyeCrappie is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I could take everyone’s comments and apply them to me for sure. I am still learning, need a squirrel dog, get outfished by my bride, have the attention span of a gnat, talk to myself, hard of hearing, don’t own a cell phone so an electronic gadget to fish with would be awesome.
    “If your too busy to fish, you’re too busy!” Buddy Ebsen
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    (Billbob and “G” approved!)
    Proud member of Tekeum’s Jigs Pro
    Staff

https://heavenornot.net/

heavenornot.net

Post Thanks / Like

Man, this rod would be nice when the bite is light.

Post Thanks / Like

The formula for success: Smart rod + Dedicated fisherman = More crappies landed. Sign me up.

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve been fishing for crappie and catfish all my life. I’m 65 now and recently decided to try to master using jigs. I started a thread here on crappie.com asking for help learning how to catch them. I received some great tips. I couldn’t wait to get out on the lake and try them. Every time I had time to fish the wind was blowing like crazy. There’s a crappie house not far from my house so I decided to go try it. Best thing I could do to learn to detect the crappie bite. With the great advice from crappie.com and watching the old times at the crappie house I started detecting the bite.
    Crappie is my favorite when frying fish but they are harder for me to catch than catfish. I think I’m starting to get the hang of it. Thank you Crappie.com!
    Likes BuckeyeCrappie, Slab LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I need a rod with smart intelligence because all of mine didn't graduate from crappie 101

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    :D Bought too cheap and kept too long!!!!:D

:D WALLY:D

Post Thanks / Like

Successful golfers have smart caddies, so I figure I need a smart rod to advise me on catching more fish.
    Pass the "Sportsman Baton" on before you're gone, promote values for others to hunt and fish upon.

Post Thanks / Like

BG fishing on Lake Cumberland using a popeye tip'd with wax worm, bite was so light could hardly detect it. Needed all the help i could get.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeCrappie View Post
    My first fish I can remember catching was when I was about 7 or 8 years old. My mother who was severely disabled with Rheumatoid Arthritis starting around 1959 until her death in 2018 took me fishing at Strouds Run State Park in Athens County, Ohio. Mom could barely walk, get out of chairs, drive or do anything yet that day she took this you boy to the lake. I remember carrying a lawn chair and helping her best I could from the parking lot to the place she could get to. I was a marsh area that looking back was the only place she could get to and probably wasn’t the best place anyone could hope to catch anything. I had an old tin tool box with some hooks, bobbers, an old green Zebco metal reel on some kind of pole and night crawlers I had dug from the yard. We didn't stay long due to Moms health but I caught I good sized largemouth bass which was the first fish I ever caught and the only fish that day. I lost my mother in 2019 at age 91 and she was such a good mother. Even when the RA was raging she took on adopting a little boy who by my own self admittance was hard to raise and didn’t make life easy for sure. I think of this outing often when I am fishing, doing maintenance on my gear, cleaning fish or just reflecting on her incredible life and the chance at a good life she gave me back in 1968.

Mom is with Jesus now and she knows no sorrow or the pain she lived with. I am thankful for the time God gave her to me and all our family and friends. I miss her so but she isn’t really gone and never will be......

Attachment 389660
    Thank you for sharing this. My Mom suffered with Alzheimer’s and was in a nursing home six years. She too is with our Lord and Savior. No pain and nothing but being in the presence of our Father in Heaven for her now. God Bless!
    Thanks BuckeyeCrappie thanked you for this post

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast