HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Question on Fluid Beds

Javelin 180 is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Question on Fluid Beds

I'm just kind of getting started pouring and painting a few heads for myself and wanted to order me some fluid beds I've heard so much about. I have done some searching on here and couldn't really find what I was looking for what is the difference (other than size) between the 2'' and 3'' is one better than the other also do I need to order a cup for the different colors I plan on using I'm just looking at painting maybe 3 to 5 different colors and can you store the paint in the cups thanks for any help.

tlefire is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Robbie, I use the 2 inch cups from TJ's. Got about 30 or so. Tried making some of my own and they just didn't work as well. I keep the paint in them also, but I store them in the house because I pour and paint in the non heated boat garage.
    2018 G3 Sportsman 17
    2018 Yamaha F90 four stroke
    Ultra 106sv bow/console
    Livescope Terrova 24v Ionic lithium batteries
    Likes Slabprowler, GrumpyLoomis LIKED above post
    Thanks Javelin 180 thanked you for this post

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have used both but currently use 1 1/2 cups I built myself because a friend gave me a large piece of the filter board. If I could have found a hole saw that would cut a circle that would fit tight in 2 that’s what I would have built. To me mine are at times just a little small. 2 inch when I was using them was perfect size. If only doing 4-5 colors just buy that many cups and keep paint in them. Store like tie fire said.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Thanks Javelin 180 thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a newby too, but no more than they cost, I bought a cup for each color.
    Likes Javelin 180 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Name:  Paint stuff.jpg
Views: 226
Size:  85.0 KBThis is my little set up. I store my paints in my closet but do all my painting, pouring and baking in the garage due to my small house and the lil woman wanting my hobby out of HER space, LOL. I have 10 paint cups and this covers 90% of what I do. I keep one cup, usually in aerator with white base coat and one cup is for the occasional mixing experimenting. The cups usually are stored with paint in them but I have had to empty it and clean the filter area with dry air. Not very often and usually its black or green. Oh and my cups are 3.5 inches as I do pour jigs up to 1.5 ounce. If I just did small jigs I could see using one of the smaller sizes. Enjoy the hobby.
    Likes SuperDave336, mchech LIKED above post
    Thanks Javelin 180, darcie1 thanked you for this post