HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: High End Electronics

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chaunc View Post
    Are you saying that if you had the extra money to get better electronics, you wouldn't upgrade? No different than upgrading your boat or your motor, if youre a tournament fisher and guys with better boats and motors are beating you to the spots you prefished all week. Most crappie guys upgrade because they can, not because they have too. Lots of us can catch fish in a pothole if somebody tells us which ones are holding fish. I just don't get why people knock the ones that upgrade. Not everybody wants to do stuff the old fashioned way. Why use a hand drill when you can use a battery operated drill?
    If HB comes through with Mega Live I'll have it in my boat, I'm just a bird guy......
    Since I've fished several times under live scope I think of it every trip I make on my boat only having 2D and SI and often wonder how many fish I miss and how much time I spend not getting bit and then THUMP, set the hook and a big ole smile hits my face.....
    That surprise is untouchable and I feel that when I do get Mega Live I'll have a bunch of trips with it turned off......
    Likes chaunc, SuperDave336, S10CHEVY LIKED above post

ezgoing is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SKs Crappie Catching Adventures View Post
    If HB comes through with Mega Live I'll have it in my boat, I'm just a bird guy......
    Since I've fished several times under live scope I think of it every trip I make on my boat only having 2D and SI and often wonder how many fish I miss and how much time I spend not getting bit and then THUMP, set the hook and a big ole smile hits my face.....
    That surprise is untouchable and I feel that when I do get Mega Live I'll have a bunch of trips with it turned off......
    I would suggest waiting until a few people have it and trying to get a fishing trip with one of them to see how well it works. I know people who jumped on the Lowrance Livesight when it came out, only to discover it wasn't near as good as LiveScope. I have always bought HB until I bought LiveScope so I'm not knocking HB. I am just saying that I would want to see proof before I spent that kind of money.
    We are all born ignorant but one must work really hard to remain stupid. -Ben Franklin
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    Any day I'm fishing is a good day, regardless of what I catch.

Post Thanks / Like

"Alive without breath, as cold as death; never thirsty, ever drinking, all in mail never clinking."
    Likes S10CHEVY LIKED above post

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SKs Crappie Catching Adventures View Post
    I don’t use my livescope every time I’m fishing. As a matter of fact, I rarely used it on my home lake this season. Don’t need it to catch fish there. I have over two hundred waypoints on that lake and I know which will produce and at what time of year to fish them. I’m pretty successful without it. I don’t need it to catch fish on any lake I’m familiar with, even Kentucky lake. I’ve been fishing that lake for a long enough time to know the spring migration routes and do pretty well with just 2D. I use my livescope for the fun of it when I feel like it. I’m an old timer that just wants to enjoy what time I have in front of me so I do.
    Thanks ezgoing thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chaunc View Post
    I don’t use my livescope every time I’m fishing. As a matter of fact, I rarely used it on my home lake this season. Don’t need it to catch fish there. I have over two hundred waypoints on that lake and I know which will produce and at what time of year to fish them. I’m pretty successful without it. I don’t need it to catch fish on any lake I’m familiar with, even Kentucky lake. I’ve been fishing that lake for a long enough time to know the spring migration routes and do pretty well with just 2D. I use my livescope for the fun of it when I feel like it. I’m an old timer that just wants to enjoy what time I have in front of me so I do.
    Amen! I don't have many years left to fish myself. I'm not ashamed to use anything that allows me to feel more thumps each fishing trip. I only keep a few fish each trip but I want to catch and fight as many as I can each trip. Unfortunately have LiveScope does not guarantee you will catch every fish you see. I spent five hours on my last fishing trip and didn't catch a single fish of any species. LiveScope let me fish the areas that had fish but did not make the fish bite. Given the weather conditions I didn't expect to catch many that day but thought I might catch a few. Without LiveScope I would have thought there were no fish in the areas I was fishing. With LiveScope I could see the fish were there, they just had lockjaw.

And yes, SK, I fished a lot of brush piles, lay-downs and stumps on this trip. The only thing I didn't fish was open water and the conditions did not allow that or I would have. I tried a lot of different jig sizes and color. The only thing I did not fish were minnows and I would have tried them if I had any on my boat.
    We are all born ignorant but one must work really hard to remain stupid. -Ben Franklin

Post Thanks / Like

great job i like that color jig

Post Thanks / Like

Nice report Ketchn with a great result. Going fishin' and havin' fun... no matter how one chooses to go about it... is really what this great sport is all about. Isn't it???
    Thanks for sharing your trip and the good read with the rest of us.
    "Just Like Iron Sharpens Iron... So it is that One Man Sharpens Another Man." Proverbs 27:17
    Likes Ketchn LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Special K View Post
    Nice report Ketchn with a great result. Going fishin' and havin' fun... no matter how one chooses to go about it... is really what this great sport is all about. Isn't it???
    Thanks for sharing your trip and the good read with the rest of us.
    it is about fun for me and not money or gratification because my fish is bigger than the next persons.
    big fish are really fun ,but i love numbers of bites .
    i have used high end electronics of all sorts and or been on rides with the guys that do and in more than one occasion it has made the difference between no fish and a pile of fish . but .....
    yesterday i went to spot and stood on the bank with just a bare jig and float , my total crappie count was 76 in 1 hour and 15 minutes ,its heavily fished and under a bridge and the fish were mostly really small , the ONLY reason i went was just to have fun.
    and watching the float go away every cast was in fact great fun
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Likes trypman1, S10CHEVY, Bricks LIKED above post
    Thanks ezgoing thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchn View Post
    it is about fun for me and not money or gratification because my fish is bigger than the next persons.
    big fish are really fun ,but i love numbers of bites .
    i have used high end electronics of all sorts and or been on rides with the guys that do and in more than one occasion it has made the difference between no fish and a pile of fish . but .....
    yesterday i went to spot and stood on the bank with just a bare jig and float , my total crappie count was 76 in 1 hour and 15 minutes ,its heavily fished and under a bridge and the fish were mostly really small , the ONLY reason i went was just to have fun.
    and watching the float go away every cast was in fact great fun
    Agree with you 100%. I'll take number of bites over size of fish every day. Don't keep many but love the catching, the more the better. And it is especially nice when they are hitting the jig hard each time.

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ezgoing View Post
    Agree with you 100%. I'll take number of bites over size of fish every day. Don't keep many but love the catching, the more the better. And it is especially nice when they are hitting the jig hard each time.
    Same here.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123