Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Humminbird Mega 360

Post Thanks / Like

Default Humminbird Mega 360

I just bought a Helix 10 g4n and mega 360. I tried it for the first time yesterday and was underwhelmed. I was fishing brush piles that I am familiar with using livescope. They were in 20ft of water and I really couldn't see em like I thought I would. What settings are you guy's using? I feel like I am missing something.

Post Thanks / Like

I would send it back and wait for mega live or get a livescope. You can get a 9 inch livescope bundle for $1700 after rebates.

Sorry I could not be of more help on the settings. BTW I use a helix 10 at the helm and liveacope at the bow. I am a fan of birds but not the 360.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Redge is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2017 Man Of The Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Humminbird Mega 360

I love 360, but have the old school version.
    Sorry I am of no help.
    You might ask Rickie, or Cevans on the Indiana board.
    I’m sure Cevans has one, and has been using it a long while.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Proud Member of Team Geezer!
    Likes RoughriverRick LIKED above post

rnvinc is offline Crappie.com 2016 Man of the Year * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven’t had mine in the water yet ...

Rickie
    www.podunkideas.com <--Click here
    ------------—————
    https://www.crappie-gills-n-more.com/
    https://cornfieldfishinggear.com/

------------------------>> Pro Staff Sonar Advisor

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thaDudeAbides View Post
    I would send it back and wait for mega live or get a livescope. You can get a 9 inch livescope bundle for $1700 after rebates.

Sorry I could not be of more help on the settings. BTW I use a helix 10 at the helm and liveacope at the bow. I am a fan of birds but not the 360.

Thanks Dude, I run 2 livescopes currently. I just added the mega 360. I took it out again Sunday and discovered I had it mounted wrong. It worked much better when its not backwards lol.
    Likes BigDawgg, GrumpyLoomis, Hanr3 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RoughriverRick View Post
    Thanks Dude, I run 2 livescopes currently. I just added the mega 360. I took it out again Sunday and discovered I had it mounted wrong. It worked much better when its not backwards lol.
    Nice. These things are plenty complicated. I paid a guide $150 to take me out to show me how to use my helix when I bought it. Operator error is a real thing!

Likes Hanr3 LIKED above post

cevans is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Start out with your contrast and sensitivity settings on 10. Best sweep speed is 3. I like to set the mega 360 on front view and don’t be afraid to expand or enlarge the view to 2x setting. You will have to adjust depending on clarity of water, hardness or softness of bottom as well as learn to use which colors of screens works best for your eyes depending on sunlight and cloudy days. Also,,,sometimes you might adjust your dynamic setting if you have a lot of pollens in the water to clear up the picture of your screen. Playing with the settings is easy as well as the learning process. Don’t be afraid to adjust your settings as you move and fish. It’s a must to adjust your settings due to change in depth, lake bottom softness or hardness, as you move around,,but you will find,,you might change sensitivity and contrast a tiny bit each time you move around.

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    authorized by: Billbob and "G"
    Likes Slabprowler LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cevans View Post
    Start out with your contrast and sensitivity settings on 10. Best sweep speed is 3. I like to set the mega 360 on front view and don’t be afraid to expand or enlarge the view to 2x setting. You will have to adjust depending on clarity of water, hardness or softness of bottom as well as learn to use which colors of screens works best for your eyes depending on sunlight and cloudy days. Also,,,sometimes you might adjust your dynamic setting if you have a lot of pollens in the water to clear up the picture of your screen. Playing with the settings is easy as well as the learning process. Don’t be afraid to adjust your settings as you move and fish. It’s a must to adjust your settings due to change in depth, lake bottom softness or hardness, as you move around,,but you will find,,you might change sensitivity and contrast a tiny bit each time you move around.
    Thanks for the reply. Where is the 2x setting i haven't seen it. What does it do?

Post Thanks / Like

Top 2 buttons on upper right hand side of the screen. + and - ...... above all the push buttons.me they will enlarge or decrease size of viewing screen of mega 360

Likes Hanr3, RoughriverRick LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Here’s a web site you can early pre order Mega Live from,,,,,,,if you want. Humminbird MEGA LIVE Imaging !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast