HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which lake

Post Thanks / Like

I hear ya! I got them out of the back pocket too! My bucks are night runners. I haven't got a day time picture since end of Oct. We got to many people with bait piles on the property we hunt. On the side my sons and I hunt on which is about 500 ac. there must be nine piles of cob corn. Most are 1000 lbs bags put out for later hunting in the year. These are primary stands and no one can hunt them. We got clear cut the last couple of weeks last year of hunting season. Nothing there to hold any deer so it's just trying to get a early morning shot or evening shot at at deer coming on and off neighboring property. I may get a good deer this year it's not over yet. Fishing is really tempting right now.
    Likes Countryboy N.C. LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Have a buddy down in sc that can’t pass up antlers. Bit him in the butt last Monday. He had two tags left and saw a deceit 7 pointer and of course shot it. Later saw antlers chasing a doe in thick stuff so decided to fill his last tag. He shot it. Ended up being a small 4 point. Waited a while to get down and came face to face with a huge 8 point climbing down. He said he could have cried.
    Likes BigDawgg LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I know i would have gave something away and claimed I know nothing! Nah! It's tough with the tag system we got. Limit per day don't help in that situation. I got a good recipe for those antlers. LOL My dog loves them.
    I'll catch up with you fishing soon on Wateree.

strmwalker is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't have a recipe on how to cook horns , nor do I know of one !!! that said they are only good for a few things , knife handles , ceiling fan chain pull handles , and drawer handles and if you get a big enough set good for clacking horns to draw bucks in !!! IMO , to me I never mount a deer or fish all they do is collect dust !!!! I rather have a Doe or young buck any day !!! they cook up good for sure !!!!

"What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday"
    "Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point. "AMEN"
    Likes sinkermaker, Countryboy N.C. LIKED above post
    Thanks BigDawgg thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Joe, you got to micro wave them for 20 minutes and then boil them an hour and then pour off the liquid into soup bowls add onion and celery and sip. The antlers then are given to the dog to chew on. He is the only one that likes them that way.
    Yep a young doe or yearling buck is top choice. I got two sons who believe in if it's brown it's down. Me, I can be picky because there's plenty of meat to go around. The cow horn I got wed will be most likely given to some friends and other relatives.
    Likes strmwalker LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry Neil, I got to far off the subject!
    Likes strmwalker LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

No worries.
    I like deer too.

Sent from my moto z4 using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Thank a Veteran every chance you get.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12