HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gourmet Panfish.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by StantheMan2567 View Post
    Hey I watched the video of this trip and really enjoyed the camera angle and the twitching demonstration. Seeing the tip on the hook set and twitching cadence would be even more informative. I did notice that all those Slabs were netted, and they needed it as they looked like they had some shoulders . One thing I noticed and maybe you can help here, the bending curve on a couple of the 12in fish did not look as pronounced as it does from the chest camera view. You have said many times this is the softest rod you own and I just assumed the softness was felt and shown in the deeper curve of the blank, but it doesn't look that way on the one dimensional video screen. Just trying to get a visual feel for this rod versus the Finetail Area Stage that I have. Thanks for the videos and great catch!
    They rate the rod as “Regular”. All the MC area rods I own.....4 of them....are fast. Years ago Allsorts told me just how fast MC rods were....and of course he is correct. The Diplomat...while it is soft.....the Uber soft part is the tip. I need to hang some weight on it and demonstrate the bending curve so one can see. That’s going to be the best way to convey the action. Only have another 3 weeks to fish before I have spinal surgery on 23 November. Then I’m down for 6 weeks so maybe can do some videos of bending curves.

Regards

Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Thanks StantheMan2567 thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by StantheMan2567 View Post
    Hey I watched the video of this trip and really enjoyed the camera angle and the twitching demonstration. Seeing the tip on the hook set and twitching cadence would be even more informative. I did notice that all those Slabs were netted, and they needed it as they looked like they had some shoulders . One thing I noticed and maybe you can help here, the bending curve on a couple of the 12in fish did not look as pronounced as it does from the chest camera view. You have said many times this is the softest rod you own and I just assumed the softness was felt and shown in the deeper curve of the blank, but it doesn't look that way on the one dimensional video screen. Just trying to get a visual feel for this rod versus the Finetail Area Stage that I have. Thanks for the videos and great catch!
    Victor on i_fish did a review showing the bending curve.
    ABU GRACIA Eradicator 'Slow Taper Special' | Super Ultralight Rod Review - YouTube

Sent from my SM-T580 using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slowhand View Post
    Victor on i_fish did a review showing the bending curve.
    ABU GRACIA Eradicator 'Slow Taper Special' | Super Ultralight Rod Review - YouTube

He’s asking about the Diplomat Extreme....not the Eradicator.

Regards

Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

My bad
    I get all of your rods confused
    Perhaps while you're rehabbing you could set up a bending curve station akin to Victor's and run through your stable of Thorobreds.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slowhand View Post
    My bad
    I get all of your rods confused
    Perhaps while you're rehabbing you could set up a bending curve station akin to Victor's and run through your stable of Thorobreds.

I would love to do that...but the wife....LOL. I have 1777 feet of house and I just don't have a good room to do that in and leave it all up.

Regards

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123