Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Great day at Harris

Post Thanks / Like

Default Great day at Harris

Fished Harris yesterday. I met Special K yesterday morning at Sheron Harris Lake. We fished in seperate boat but stayed together. It was good to see him again after several years. It was great to see him on the water again and He and I have some life experiances in common. I needed to get out and it was a good day for that.
    Fishing was tough but the bio charts said it would be. Water in main lake 70* and the east wing 72*. Finally hit a small school and caught 6 nice crappie. I didn't see anyone doing any better but I loves every minute of it. Thanks Special K for a great day.
    Likes BigDawgg LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Dwight, it was a great day indeed. There's just something about a peaceful day on the water with friends that soothes the soul and re-energizes a man for sure.
    Now, if we could have just gotten a bit more cooperation from the fish... it would have been too good. Let's hit Harris or Jordan again pretty soon.
    "Just Like Iron Sharpens Iron... So it is that One Man Sharpens Another Man." Proverbs 27:17

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure but might have chatted with y'all briefly. Fished an area where it seemed two boats were fishing together, I was in a khaki Alweld jon boat. I fished the area for about 15-20 minutes then had to head home and go to work.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ppowell View Post
    Not sure but might have chatted with y'all briefly. Fished an area where it seemed two boats were fishing together, I was in a khaki Alweld jon boat. I fished the area for about 15-20 minutes then had to head home and go to work.
    Well, I'll be dogged. Yes, you did chat with us briefly on the main lake. I must say: I am impressed with how you hit the lake in the morning just before having to go to work.
    That's certainly the best way to get your day on the right plane and to get your head right before a day of work. I hope you can take a little more time to chat next time.
    "Just Like Iron Sharpens Iron... So it is that One Man Sharpens Another Man." Proverbs 27:17

Post Thanks / Like

Hey that's awesome! I always wonder if people I meet on the lake are people I "know" from places like crappie.com. Would have chatted more but didn't want it to appear I was moving in on where y'all were setting up so kept moving. Glad to have met you briefly hope we see each other on the lake again one day

And yeah yesterday was slow. I was on the lake just before dawn, caught some bass very early by the bridge but crappie by were not hitting although I know they were there. Very surprised the crappie weren't biting on such a perfect morning, they were probably eating just didn't like what I had to offer.

Tight lines!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ppowell View Post
    Hey that's awesome! I always wonder if people I meet on the lake are people I "know" from places like crappie.com. Would have chatted more but didn't want it to appear I was moving in on where y'all were setting up so kept moving. Glad to have met you briefly hope we see each other on the lake again one day

And yeah yesterday was slow. I was on the lake just before dawn, caught some bass very early by the bridge but crappie by were not hitting although I know they were there. Very surprised the crappie weren't biting on such a perfect morning, they were probably eating just didn't like what I had to offer.

Tight lines!
    It was a 3/4 moon the night before and was pretty dang bright judging from my 1:00 AM dog walk that morning. I expect the major and minor feeding times were pushed up to late morning and mid afternoon if you hold to those sorts of things.
    I do tend to put right much stock in those things, as observed over years of fishing and noticing a far more than coincidental correlation to moon phases. Yesterday, we (Dwight) (SEA DANCER) found biting fish at approximately 10:45 AM and nothing prior.
    The bite (albeit) quite intermittent lasted only a couple of hours... but the fish that bit took it when they hit it.

As far as bait offerings: I made the mistake of buying large bass minnows when our bait stop was out of crappie minnows... and did not bring any jigs. Although I have seen times when they would bite medium to large bass minnows; the crappie yesterday (apparently) weren't having no part of those large bass minnows. I told Dwight that I believe I could have filleted some of those minnows... they were that big.
    Likes BigDawgg, SEA DANCER LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Special K View Post
    As far as bait offerings: I made the mistake of buying large bass minnows when our bait stop was out of crappie minnows... and did not bring any jigs. Although I have seen times when they would bite medium to large bass minnows; the crappie yesterday (apparently) weren't having no part of those large bass minnows. I told Dwight that I believe I could have filleted some of those minnows... they were that big.
    I can attest to that. I often catch live shad on Harris for bait and just about everything in that lake will eat them but crappie. Now I know crappie eat the shad, so I theorize that the shad I catch are too big for the crappie - the smaller shad go through the net so I only end up with the bigger ones. I'll catch bass, catfish, and perch on these shad all day but no crappie. Put a dinky crappie minnow or jig in front of them and they are happy to eat it. Put a 2-3 inch shad in front of them - nope. I have thought about getting a different net to catch the smaller shad but haven't done it yet.
    Likes SEA DANCER LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Special K View Post
    Well, I'll be dogged. Yes, you did chat with us briefly on the main lake. I must say: I am impressed with how you hit the lake in the morning just before having to go to work.
    That's certainly the best way to get your day on the right plane and to get your head right before a day of work. I hope you can take a little more time to chat next time.
    I often wonder the same thing about guys I see fishing.I know several of the guys on here,some I see fishing a lot are probably on here also.Someone needs to start a sticky with boat pics. handles,and maybe real names.
    Likes Special K, SEA DANCER LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Look for the crappie.com stickers!!

Name:  969460E0-5B1F-41A8-B9DD-748801D2BBA1.jpg
Views: 453
Size:  81.0 KB

You guys proudly have them on your boats right?
    Likes Special K, ppowell LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I was at Sharron Harris Tuesday. I hope to meet up with you folks sometime out there. I got work stacked up through the weekend and more so I won't be there then.
    I can be recognized by my fishing buddy here with me on my center console Hydra Sports. We got some crappie stacked up in this pic on Harris last Tues:
    Name:  20201027_234825.jpg
Views: 523
Size:  60.5 KB

Sent from my SM-G988U using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Likes ppowell, Special K, Sped66 LIKED above post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast