HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crappie trip with a Jay W. 9/28/20

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie trip with a Jay W. 9/28/20

Jay and I got on the water about a quarter to 8 am with hopes of bass fishing with top water lures, but a strong South wind quickly nixed that idea and our backup plan was to crappie fish. We caught a ton of crappie this morning, probably 50 but only 12 keepers in the bunch and many of those were 10” and less than 11”.

The first stop was after scanning a dock and seeing a huge school of crappie under it. We set the spot lock on and started caching crappie on every casts and most on a 2-4 second drop. After they wised up and dropped down, we continued to catch them for about an hour or so.

When the fish finally had all the fun that they wanted, they left the area. Scanning more docks in the area proved to be fruitless, so I opted for an offshore brush pile in 14 feet of water and it was covered with short crappie as well. We had a ball catching them on nearly every cast until they grew tired of being jerked around.

Bobby Garland Slab slayers in several colors caught fish. The baby Shads only produced one fish for me so I switched back to SS.

Surface temp to begin was just under 75 degrees at 74 and like I said, the wind was out of the south getting up to double digits by noon.

After we quit crappie fishing, we decided to scout for just a few minutes in the creek and I saw some big signatures on the graph between 15-25 feet, so I threw a spoon on one of my bass rods, let the spoon go to the bottom and then with a quick jerk up and start reeling, a nice 4 pound 5 ounce Striper nailed the spoon and it was game on. I love it. That baby is going on the grill tonight. Blackened Striper on the grill is one of the best fish dinners that you can imagine.

Im still having a problem uploading pics. I’ll go ahead and post the report and try to figure out why this won’t let me upload files.
    Last edited by drumking; 09-28-2020 at 01:11 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent report!
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.
    Likes CUonthelake LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

DK, as usual you had a great time and really blessed us with a great report.
    I look forward to your posts. Ever think about making a video? Seems like I saw one once; is that possible?
    If so, please post a link.
    Also, I think that you should have a DK Store, with autographed 8x10 glossies, tee shirts, hats and we could get Curtis to offer Official DK Litewires.
    I'll volunteer to be treasurer.....for a slight fee ;-)
    Thanks drumking thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by USMA65 View Post
    DK, as usual you had a great time and really blessed us with a great report.
    I look forward to your posts. Ever think about making a video? Seems like I saw one once; is that possible?
    If so, please post a link.
    Also, I think that you should have a DK Store, with autographed 8x10 glossies, tee shirts, hats and we could get Curtis to offer Official DK Litewires.
    I'll volunteer to be treasurer.....for a slight fee ;-)
    If you want to see a short video of yours truly fishing a dock, check out CrappieNow online magazine this past June issue. It is free. Lolol.

Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully, I can add the pics from my report today.
    Name:  C5FCEFB7-E053-49E7-BD74-B98AD8EFA0DF.jpg
Views: 7893
Size:  70.0 KBName:  2FED5773-AFBE-4E83-A33C-A3683B31852B.jpg
Views: 578
Size:  116.0 KBName:  057BA2A0-2AB8-4FE3-B787-A05520391F5B.jpg
Views: 565
Size:  88.0 KBName:  82FC4962-DB8C-406B-AFBE-E01244249CB7.jpg
Views: 620
Size:  71.8 KB

Slabprowler is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice! Thanks for sharing!

Redge is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2017 Man Of The Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice report, I enjoyed it!

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Proud Member of Team Geezer!

Post Thanks / Like

Great catch, I hope every one of those fish with the stripes go on your grill...not a fan of the line stretchers. Cherokee is full of them and their half brothers, on light line they are just big bullies!

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drumking View Post
    If you want to see a short video of yours truly fishing a dock, check out CrappieNow online magazine this past June issue. It is free. Lolol.
    I tried to upload a short video of 22 seconds and it wouldn’t let me do it. I don’t know why. I’m sort of computer dumb or challenged. Lolol.

Post Thanks / Like

It was a fun trip with great weather and an equally great fishing partner. Thanks again for the trip.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast