HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Return

ezgoing is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchn View Post
    we were watching it a bit for sure , 2 large spots moved up on my bait at one point really close , he says they look pretty interested in it AND i set the HOOK and as it came up on the screen losing its mind i said yes sir a little tooooo interested i would say
    funny thing about livescope is i never see them take it , i see them close in on it and get close to it sometimes but rarely see an actual take . now mind you those race to it and slam it fish yeah , but them sneak up on it ones no .
    I have a 12 " screen and I don't see them take the lure. I see the two dots merge but that does not mean they have taken the lure or even that they are within 2 feet of the actual lure. That's the bad part about a 2 dimension display of a 3 dimension environment, you can never say the two objects are as close to each other as the screen seems to show. So you set the hook just to be sure. Of course when the two objects merge and your line starts to move or you feel weight on your line you can be fairly certain that it took your lure.
    We are all born ignorant but one must work really hard to remain stupid. -Ben Franklin
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    Any day I'm fishing is a good day, regardless of what I catch.
    Likes Ketchn, Redge LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

There's two things I see here 1. You're on some dandy's and 2. I see live scope on your next boat
    Likes Ketchn LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

prolly cant bring myself to buy a livescope but to be sure "if" i was serious and really wanted to hurt crappie on the next level i would have the biggest bestest they made , it really is pretty nice technology
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales

ezgoing is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I love my Livescope but if I had to choose between keeping it and spot lock, then Livescope would go. As nice as Livescope is to use, I consider spot lock on my trolling motor to be a more important feature to my fishing. But then, I'm lazy and hate to fool around using anchors or constantly using my trolling motor to manually maintain position on a brush pile.
    We are all born ignorant but one must work really hard to remain stupid. -Ben Franklin
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    Any day I'm fishing is a good day, regardless of what I catch.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ezgoing View Post
    I love my Livescope but if I had to choose between keeping it and spot lock, then Livescope would go. As nice as Livescope is to use, I consider spot lock on my trolling motor to be a more important feature to my fishing. But then, I'm lazy and hate to fool around using anchors or constantly using my trolling motor to manually maintain position on a brush pile.
    Ez, that is like choosing between a boat and a dock. I would not give up spot lock on a bet and love the combination of that and LiveScope as both are hard to beat. Hopefully, you will never have to make that choice. BTW, that is also why I love my Ulterra and not having to struggle putting it up or down. An old man needs his comforts.

Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com

Post Thanks / Like

Ketchn is a blast to fish with: a great stick and entertaining, too! You can't beat that combination!

I got to give the man credit for ever-so-slightly suggesting the last area we fished. We started out mid-lake, and we did catch some at every stop, but I expected to do a little better on size and numbers. Ketchn asks if I've ever heard of "Area X" and I said sure have, but I didn't get the hint (haha!). So we fish another two or three places, still catching fish, but not the better ones we're really after, before easing over to that last stop. I might have gotten there anyway, but since he already brought it up, let's give it a try!

We caught fish at a lot of depths, ranging from about 9-19 feet, all on jigs of various colors. Our better fish were in about 20 fow, about 13-18 feet deep.

Thanks so much for making time to fish with me. I really enjoyed it. I know it has been a long time since you fished that lake, but you still have a good feel for seasonal movements, and that translates on a lot of lakes.

Post Thanks / Like

Very good, keep it coming!
    Likes Ketchn LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cellis View Post
    Ketchn is a blast to fish with: a great stick and entertaining, too! You can't beat that combination!

I got to give the man credit for ever-so-slightly suggesting the last area we fished. We started out mid-lake, and we did catch some at every stop, but I expected to do a little better on size and numbers. Ketchn asks if I've ever heard of "Area X" and I said sure have, but I didn't get the hint (haha!). So we fish another two or three places, still catching fish, but not the better ones we're really after, before easing over to that last stop. I might have gotten there anyway, but since he already brought it up, let's give it a try!

We caught fish at a lot of depths, ranging from about 9-19 feet, all on jigs of various colors. Our better fish were in about 20 fow, about 13-18 feet deep.

Thanks so much for making time to fish with me. I really enjoyed it. I know it has been a long time since you fished that lake, but you still have a good feel for seasonal movements, and that translates on a lot of lakes.
    awe ....aint that sweet ,,,,,
    all kidding around aside it was really nice to finally meet you in person and wet jigs together
    hopefully we can explore a spot or 2 in the near future.
    i have an idea or 2 if we ever get the time to make it happen
    KABOOM is the word sir
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Likes cellis LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cellis View Post

He is a blast...... Fun Times.....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast