HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Return

Post Thanks / Like

Default The Return

It's been many moons since I visited a local lake that is right smack dab in the middle of the metroplex area . A really nice guy that I have known via the internet crappie forums for a very long time has invited me to hit the water with him many times in the last 6 or 7 years . It's what would be considered by him as his home lake and he told me he was going Saturday morning and we could go try to ketch a few if I was so inclined .
    Now mind you he is not just an average crappie angler and has won a few tournaments and is known fairly well in the crappie world . So I hopped in his rig this morning and we livescoped a few fish and had a pretty darn good time .
    The front was pushing thru and it was a bit chilly early . The fish were less cooperative than what we had hoped for until ...as you guessed it was about time to go !
    So we maybe managed around a dozen or so keepers in the first 2 hours and lots of little squeakers . Then we found some larger fish in a concentration and put some nice fish to the net right quickly . The last 45 minutes or so we stretched our lines well and slung some nice fish . Not sure if it was the late morning thing or what but to be sure we slung a fair number of good fish right quickly the last spot we hit .
    We had decided up front to release them and even though he needs 100 fillets for the crappie expo , he said his freezer was bit full at this moment in time so we let them all swim on . Some of the fish were pretty cool to watch when released . I tossed a pretty solid fish out about 15 foot from the boat and when it hit the water it hit it running and RACED right back to the pack on the laydown we were fishing .
    One larger specimen I dropped nose first beside the boat , went straight down like a ROCK into a thick brushy spot right under the pack of fish .
    Was really nice out there and the company was great .
    Nice to finally meet you in person sir and thanks bunches for the boat ride
    KABOOM is the word
    p.s. the brace in the first photo was an I netted his fish with my left hand and got thumped hard at the moment it hit the net while my rod was in my right hand ....just gotta love that don't ya know
    Attached Images Attached Images          
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales

Post Thanks / Like

Good story and pics as always Ketchn. KABOOM!
    Likes Ketchn LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Great story and report. Congrats!
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

A very good trip. I’m hoping it will cool down some here and I can get back out to find some soon.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Redge is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2017 Man Of The Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Neat post, thanks for that!
    Yesterday evening is the first time it felt like fall.
    A little nip in the air.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Proud Member of Team Geezer!

ezgoing is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

We are all born ignorant but one must work really hard to remain stupid. -Ben Franklin
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    Any day I'm fishing is a good day, regardless of what I catch.

Post Thanks / Like

Got to let some go back and make more! Congrats on nice trip and as always a good report!
    Bob
    PS That one guy flat inhaled it!
    B

Post Thanks / Like

Love that you enjoyed your trip even though you had LiveScope (smile). Yes, I know, you do not have to have it to catch fish but I also notice and enjoy releasing fish and watching them return to the brush they just came from. I also have learned so much about their habits and reactions to different baits. It is just another dimension of this great hobby of crappie fishing. Great post, thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com
    Thanks ezgoing thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dhaire View Post
    Love that you enjoyed your trip even though you had LiveScope (smile). Yes, I know, you do not have to have it to catch fish but I also notice and enjoy releasing fish and watching them return to the brush they just came from. I also have learned so much about their habits and reactions to different baits. It is just another dimension of this great hobby of crappie fishing. Great post, thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com
    we were watching it a bit for sure , 2 large spots moved up on my bait at one point really close , he says they look pretty interested in it AND i set the HOOK and as it came up on the screen losing its mind i said yes sir a little tooooo interested i would say
    funny thing about livescope is i never see them take it , i see them close in on it and get close to it sometimes but rarely see an actual take . now mind you those race to it and slam it fish yeah , but them sneak up on it ones no .
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Likes ezgoing LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like another great day on the lake!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast