HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Calling on all the Prayer warriors

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Prayers sent. I can’t imagine.....
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

PawPaw Gene is offline Crappie.com 2012 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Lifting you up, may God Bless you with a healing.
    "gene"
    "G" Gone but not forgotten!!

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

LittleJohn,

I was frightened to death when the doctor told me I had cancer. I feel your agony and know that you are worried. Cast your cares upon the Lord and let Jesus see you through this. Isaiah 40:8….”The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever.”

Philippians 4:13 KJV “I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.”

We have all had our “Ups” and we have all had our “Downs.” We have all had our “Highs” and sadly we have had our “Lows.” Some of us might have even been to “The Mountain Top.” Some of us might have experienced “The Valley.” Sometimes before we can put one problem to rest, you find yourself assaulted by another. Job faced a series of problems that came one behind another. He stated, Job 13:15 KJV “Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him” Old folks say “When it rains it pours.” The bible says in Job 14:1 "Man that is born of a woman is of a few days and full of trouble".

The apostle Paul, writing as a prisoner to Christians in the ancient city of Philippi, was speaking of "the secret of being content in any and every situation.

The “all things” of Philippians 4:13 KJV includes our successes and the various positive things in our life. The “all things” also means life’s hardest things such as humiliation, hunger, grief, and loss of things.

Our question this morning is what will we do when we are devastated, most in pain, most at a loss, in our lowest of lows what will we do? It is easy to tell someone “Do not give up,” when the storms of life hit you, but how do they do that?

Paul tells us in Philippians 4:11 KJV “For I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.” Paul learned the secret of secret of facing beatings, being hungry, being jailed, being shipwrecked on the way to stand trial in Rome, and the many trials and tribulations that he faced.

The secret is in Philippians 4:13 KJV “Christ which strengthened me.” Paul had learned to ask God for help and to depend on Christ for strength, power, and energy. It is Christ who enables us to do and to achieve. Those who succeed in the challenges of life are consistent in their faith in God. Joseph, in an Egyptian dungeon, did not give up. Daniel, in Babylonian captivity in the lion’s den, did not give up. Job did not give up. Paul in the jail did not give up. They all trusted in God and God did not forget any of them.

Some people may give up what they stand for when they’re out in the public. They act differently than their faith demands because they are afraid they will lose a promotion or not fit in with a particular group of friends. Bishop T. D. Jakes said “ Don’t abort your promise because of your impatience” Our purpose and our deeds must be pleasing to the Lord no matter what storms of life are raging. We should live our lives in such a way that they line up with the Word of God and please him in the process. Man has no heaven or hell to put you in. Let your focus remain on Christ who will strengthen you and do not give up. Philippians 3:8 KJV “Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,”

In times of anxiety, despair, illness, confusion, sorrow or fear, trust in Jesus for your hope and guidance. He is the way. He is the truth. He is the life. John 14:1 Jesus himself says “Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.”

We face troubles on every side. There is domestic violence, hurricanes, COVID 19 pandemic, fires, gun violence, afflictions in your body, suppression of voting rights, police brutality, and death of loved ones. When we go through these trials just know it is your faith that is being tested. James tells us in chapter a verses 1-2 “Count it as a joy when you face trials because the testing of your faith will produce endurance.” We row if faith and wisdom while undergoing difficulty. of any kind.

When you are going through any difficulty or adversity, take God with you. The way to have joy in the middle of any storm is to have God with you.The sun will shine again once you go through your adversity or through your storm. You are more than a conqueror for God will help you to do the right thing at the right time. God is the source of all wisdom and we must commit ourself to the guidance of God through our storm. Hebrews 11:6 “But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.”

Don’t give up, just look up! Satan wants you to doubt your love for God and His plan for your life. Perfect love will cast away our fears. Look to God from whence your help in the time of trouble comes. The mark of mature faith is a faith that continues when it seems that there is no answer. Our thoughts are not the thoughts of God. Our ways are not the ways of God. We must continually believe in God so we can receive from Him. No situation is too big for God to handle. If you do not give up on God, you will not be defeated.

Philippians 4:19 KJV “But my God shall supply all of your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.” When things aren’t going as planned, when life is hard, don’t be too sad and don’t give up. Know that the hard times will pass. Good days are in store. Know that you can make it, you can do it. Just keep asking God for help. Stay positive. And, let Christ’s strength see you through it all. In John 14:14 Jesus “If ye shall ask “But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; anything in my name, I will do it.” Matthew 6:33 KJV and all these things shall be added unto you.”

Hold on and keep the faith until your change comes.These old heavy burdens cannot last. These troubles and trials soon wlll pass. Sometimes burdens and afflictions press your soul. That should make you more determined to reach your goal. Run the race and keep the faith. In God’s own time, your change will come. Don’t give up. Isaiah 26:3..“Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee”

My dear friend, a good attitude will determine your altitude. When you look at your life, career, job or family life, what do you say? Do you praise God? Do you blame the devil? A good attitude towards God makes Him move on your behalf. Just sit down and say, "Today, God, it is well with my soul, I am thankful I had a peaceful sleep, I am thankful I am alive with possibilities, I am thankful I have a roof over me, I am thankful I have a job, I am thankful that I have Family and Friends. Above all, I am thankful that I have you Lord Jesus Christ on my side." Be blessed and don't be envious or shocked when others are prospering because you don't know what they have been through to get there (test, trials and tribulation) so thank Him for what you have. "Little is much when God is in it. It Is Well With My Soul!"

Mike
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Thanks LittleJohn, USMA65 thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Prayers sent for speedy recovery.

Post Thanks / Like

Praying for your recovery sir!

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Prayers sent.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com

rnvinc is offline Crappie.com 2016 Man of the Year * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Prayers sent ...

Rickie
    www.podunkideas.com <--Click here
    ------------—————
    https://www.crappie-gills-n-more.com/
    https://cornfieldfishinggear.com/

------------------------>> Pro Staff Sonar Advisor

Post Thanks / Like

Will keep you in our prayers John. Keep the faith, for God provides much strength and comfort.

Post Thanks / Like

Prayers

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Prayers sent.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast