HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Humminbird's answer to Panoptics

Post Thanks / Like

Default Humminbird's answer to Panoptics

Has anyone on hear heard word if and when Hummingbird is going to come out with an answer to live scope. I want to get in the game but would prefer not selling my Hummingbird's to buy Garmin. Laurence has come out with their version so I'm hoping Hummingbird isn't far behind.

Have a great day,
    Ray

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Ray, I'm curious as to why you think you'd have to get rid of your Birds to put LS on your boat ??

I have a Hook 7 at the bow right now & if I added LS I would keep it where it is and use it for chart maps/waypoints (tdx is on the TM). The LS tdx would be on the TM shaft ... black box would be on the deck ... Garmin unit would be mounted on a Cumberland Crappie adjustable mount. At least that's the plan I have in my head. My buddy has LS and has a similar setup ... and his "other" unit is not a Garmin. He has his other unit set on split screen ... 2d sonar / map with tracks and waypoints showing.

Maybe I'm interpreting what you're saying wrong, but it sounds like you're thinking you'd have to have all Garmin units
    Likes Sumterguy1 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I could do that but one, if I sell my front Helix it will help fund the Garmin screen and live scope upgrade and two I don't have a ton of room up front to fill it up with screens. I was hoping HB would be coming out with something that I could plug into my Helix 9 Mega, just wanted to see if anyone has heard anything coming in the near future. Thanks for the reply!

Ray
    Thanks CrappiePappy thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I would guess with them just coming out with Mega 360 that will be their focus for a couple of years. I haven't heard any rumors.

Post Thanks / Like

I would think that just like the 360 units it wont be backwards compatible. So if they did come out with it anytime soon you would need a new control head anyways. I'll just stick with the Helix's I have for a while.
    Likes ad1974 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I think this Mega 360 is their answer to LiveScope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    - dan aka "Fishfried"

“Life is what you make it. Always has been. Always will be.” ― Grandma Moses

Post Thanks / Like

See if they announce anything new at Icast. The Helix series is normally updated every 2 years and that 2 years will be up this fall. New units usually includes support for new accessories.

Post Thanks / Like

Helix 11 gen2 at helm
    Livescope +106sv up front

DONE!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    G3PO

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rayzor65 View Post
    Has anyone on hear heard word if and when Hummingbird is going to come out with an answer to live scope. Ray
    HB will not have "Live" anything do to patents, their Mega 360 is as close as they can get which is only a sweep of the screen about one or two seconds away from being live. No you can't watch the fish suck your jig in but you can know that they are there; Lowrance was able to work a deal with Garmin which let them in the play pool but locked out HB.

cevans is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Ya don’t need Live View if you know how to use Mega 360.

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    authorized by: Billbob and "G"
    Likes M R Dux LIKED above post

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast