31 29.25%
  • Not interested in them

18 16.98%
  • Think they are not fair fishing

10 9.43%
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Live scope question

Post Thanks / Like

I have trouble looking at one thing very long the beam seems so narrow. I'm just not getting the hang of it yet. I have only been out twice with it. I have it mounted on a separate pole.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Its boat control, its harder than people realize to sit on small objects and hold it in there. With it on a pole or seperate mount you will always be crossing the beam line at angle since trolling motor and Livescope transducer are on separate planes. Sort of like playing shape in pool, you want cue ball running into line with next shot not across the line. My tournament partner has his on separate mount too but no way I could do it like that if I ever put one on my boat.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
    2018 Crappie Masters Kentucky/Tennessee State Champion
    Thanks CrappiePappy thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NIMROD View Post
    I fished a local lake with several boats around coming and then going . One old timer fished the lake since it was built zeroed , another old timer Spider rigged and caught 2 . I caught a bunch with biggest 13 over 2 lbs and biggest 7 was 15.98 lbs ! It works too good for the fish .

Attachment 374829

Attachment 374830
    Goodness that’s a mess of GOOD ONES!!

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Thanks NIMROD thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NIMROD View Post
    I fished a local lake with several boats around coming and then going . One old timer fished the lake since it was built zeroed , another old timer Spider rigged and caught 2 . I caught a bunch with biggest 13 over 2 lbs and biggest 7 was 15.98 lbs ! It works too good for the fish .

Attachment 374829

Attachment 374830
    Looks like your New Years Resolution lasted about as long as my lose weight and drink less beer one lasted !!

Post Thanks / Like

LS to me is akin to duck huntin with a spinner.

P

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pirogue View Post
    Looks like your New Years Resolution lasted about as long as my lose weight and drink less beer one lasted !!
    I never said I would release fish every day . Some days don't keep any , But lots of friends ask for them . They can't understand when they ask for a mess when I release them . I seldom clean fish anymore .
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Likes Herewego LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I have fished with it quite a bit since the first of April. When I first started with it I was catching a few and the lake I fish most often had a pretty good stain. Since then I am not catching much at all and where I have been fishing the water has become pretty clear. I can see the trees and brush piles and the schools of shad and some big fish that I think are catfish and bass but have had very little luck with the crappie. I can't find any on trees or brush piles and I am beginning to think that it probably has some to do with the clear water. With that being said I still can't imagine that I wouldn't have ran across at least one mentally challenged crappie that would hold at least until I could see him swim away. I am still blown away every time I go out with the LS as it really still excites me to see what it is able to show. I have watched so many youtube videos with most everyone just slaying them on trees, brush piles and also just roaming fish. I am not a quitter and I will not throw in the towel. One video I watched showed an individual just slaying them right on top of a brush pile and he said as long as it is over 10 foot deep then you shouldn't spook the fish. The ones that I have found are between 15 and 25 foot deep. Still plugging away.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Snoball View Post
    I have fished with it quite a bit since the first of April. When I first started with it I was catching a few and the lake I fish most often had a pretty good stain. Since then I am not catching much at all and where I have been fishing the water has become pretty clear. I can see the trees and brush piles and the schools of shad and some big fish that I think are catfish and bass but have had very little luck with the crappie. I can't find any on trees or brush piles and I am beginning to think that it probably has some to do with the clear water. With that being said I still can't imagine that I wouldn't have ran across at least one mentally challenged crappie that would hold at least until I could see him swim away. I am still blown away every time I go out with the LS as it really still excites me to see what it is able to show. I have watched so many youtube videos with most everyone just slaying them on trees, brush piles and also just roaming fish. I am not a quitter and I will not throw in the towel. One video I watched showed an individual just slaying them right on top of a brush pile and he said as long as it is over 10 foot deep then you shouldn't spook the fish. The ones that I have found are between 15 and 25 foot deep. Still plugging away.
    You also have to remember that they don't always hold on cover ... sometimes they're out in open water, following Shad schools out on the flats.

Post Thanks / Like

Its awesome Name:  IMG_2081.jpeg
Views: 588
Size:  46.8 KB

Sent from my SM-G965U using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    G3PO

Post Thanks / Like

I know quite a few folks with livescope and the interesting thing I have found is they release alot more fish now than they ever have. With the exception of guides most crappie fisherman don't want to keep 25 fish every trip out. They are releasing fish because they don't want to clean them. I think the price of the units will have to go down before your average fisherman is going to invest in them.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast