HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 116 of 176 FirstFirst ... 1666106113114115116117118119126166 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 1760

Thread: JDM rods relating to Panfish

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by s_v View Post
    Ultra high end stuff... Have you been looking in the direction of Super Corto AT at all? I can't quite wrap my mind around the price tag...

Oh I read all about it.....at least as much as is out there...which is really not much. I should have been clearer.....a thousand bucks is a bit much...even for me.....LOL. I am referring to the Ever Green rods and the Super Bellezza....and of course an Presso Limited AGS rod. I may now have to spend the 600 or so for the new Limited Presso AGS SMT rods.

Regards
    Likes PickwickDam, s_v LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BobC View Post
    Randy, if the rod is returned they might ask you if you would want to go DHL. It would be a shame to miss that price.
    Bob
    Bob I have sent the seller an email but as yet not heard from him. I am hoping something can be worked out in the future.

Regards

Post Thanks / Like

Default Evergreen SPRS-70L-T Scout Master

Name:  Evergreen Scout Master.jpg
Views: 353
Size:  84.6 KB
    Recently received my second JDM rod, a new Evergreen SPRS-70L-T Scout Master, and wanted to share some info about it and my JDM rod plans. I had read all the posts in this JDM Rod thread and got hit by the curse that many of you had spoken about!
    Many people on here fish a particular body of water at different depths in differing seasons for a particular specie(s) of fish with their favorite rod, reel, line and lure. By sharing specific knowledge of our varied experiences, we can help each other enjoy our great hobby more. Thanks to all who have posted in this thread for your contributions, especially Randy.
    I decided to put together a 4-rod rotation of JDM rods from three companies, Yamaga Blanks, Evergreen and Olympic with differing line tests of 2,3,4 and 6 lb. on each respective rod. The lake I fish is primarily a spotted bass lake, and they will be the most frequent target, but I will also be fishing for bluegill and crappie at certain times. Since most spots you catch in this lake are well under 3 lbs., L and UL makes them seem a lot bigger! While using light and ML spinning tackle for over 50 years, I have already picked up several JDM reels. The first rod I received was the YAMAGA Blanks BC III 69, which I have posted about.
    Specs for Evergreen’s new rod, the SPRS-70L-T Scout Master: Length-7 ft, Weight-1.9 oz., Line Range- PE 0.2 ~ 0.5 (MF1 ~ 3lb), Lure Range- 0.4-10 grams, Power-Light. Mounted on the rod now is a 2015 JDM model Exist 1025 with 3 lb. test Varivas Super Trout Advance Sight Edition, which is an IGFA class line from Chris Stewart. I am a mono man and plan to try various mono brands. After a couple of trips, it has become my current favorite rod. Only my second JDM rod, but it appears to have an impeccable build and finish.
    Will share a performance evaluation when I can collect some more data. Some pics are posted below.
    Steve
    Name:  Scout Master case.jpg
Views: 366
Size:  59.0 KB
    Name:  Scout Master closeup 2.jpg
Views: 343
Size:  68.8 KB
    Name:  Scout Master closeup.jpg
Views: 346
Size:  76.0 KB

Post Thanks / Like

Gosh that is a nice looking rod, those specs are awesome. Less than 2oz and 7ft in length, bet it is sensitive with a .4g low weight recommendation. The build looks like the Corto, maybe the same blank, do you know? Randy or Chris might know also. Tubular tip....might shoot a dock with it? Anyway, congratulations on the new weapon, lets see some victims it brings to the boat.
    Thanks PickwickDam thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by StantheMan2567 View Post
    Gosh that is a nice looking rod, those specs are awesome. Less than 2oz and 7ft in length, bet it is sensitive with a .4g low weight recommendation. The build looks like the Corto, maybe the same blank, do you know? Randy or Chris might know also. Tubular tip....might shoot a dock with it? Anyway, congratulations on the new weapon, lets see some victims it brings to the boat.
    No that’s not same blank. Been studying the new Superior rods for a while now. I’m about ready to pull trigger on one myself....not this model though. I’ve read many times that Graphiteleader makes the blanks for Ever Green. I have not been able to verify that though. I do know that Ever Green rods are really top end.

Regards

Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PickwickDam View Post
    Recently received my second JDM rod, a new Evergreen SPRS-70L-T Scout Master, and wanted to share some info about it and my JDM rod plans. I had read all the posts in this JDM Rod thread and got hit by the curse that many of you had spoken about!
    Many people on here fish a particular body of water at different depths in differing seasons for a particular specie(s) of fish with their favorite rod, reel, line and lure. By sharing specific knowledge of our varied experiences, we can help each other enjoy our great hobby more. Thanks to all who have posted in this thread for your contributions, especially Randy.
    I decided to put together a 4-rod rotation of JDM rods from three companies, Yamaga Blanks, Evergreen and Olympic with differing line tests of 2,3,4 and 6 lb. on each respective rod. The lake I fish is primarily a spotted bass lake, and they will be the most frequent target, but I will also be fishing for bluegill and crappie at certain times. Since most spots you catch in this lake are well under 3 lbs., L and UL makes them seem a lot bigger! While using light and ML spinning tackle for over 50 years, I have already picked up several JDM reels. The first rod I received was the YAMAGA Blanks BC III 69, which I have posted about.
    Specs for Evergreen’s new rod, the SPRS-70L-T Scout Master: Length-7 ft, Weight-1.9 oz., Line Range- PE 0.2 ~ 0.5 (MF1 ~ 3lb), Lure Range- 0.4-10 grams, Power-Light. Mounted on the rod now is a 2015 JDM model Exist 1025 with 3 lb. test Varivas Super Trout Advance Sight Edition, which is an IGFA class line from Chris Stewart. I am a mono man and plan to try various mono brands. After a couple of trips, it has become my current favorite rod. Only my second JDM rod, but it appears to have an impeccable build and finish.
    Will share a performance evaluation when I can collect some more data. Some pics are posted below.
    Steve
    Nice rod! Can’t wait to hear a review. I have also been eye balling one of the Superior series rods. If you do t mind me asking, where did purchase this particular rod? I have found a lot of options out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Matt Schroeder - AGFC - (877)470-3309 - [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by D10 View Post
    Nice rod! Can’t wait to hear a review. I have also been eye balling one of the Superior series rods. If you do t mind me asking, where did purchase this particular rod? I have found a lot of options out there.

Correction: have not found a lot of options out there.

Matt Schroeder - AGFC - (877)470-3309 - [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I need to stop coming to this place! Nice looking �� rod.
    Likes s_v LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by D10 View Post
    Correction: have not found a lot of options out there.

Plat can get you one...but not until September. I asked about price but they did not send that info. Waiting to hear back from Digitaka. May just go ahead and get off of ebay. Ever Green...just like Graphiteleader...command a high price...Ever Green maybe even more so.

Regards

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PickwickDam View Post
    Steve
    Great buy! You ain't half stepping there....LOL.

Regards