HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Is the Pandemic ruining your mood to go fishing?

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I fish with Wilson a lot. Brenda an I are very comfortable with isolation. She can't hear and I don't care.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

stormcloud is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

My answer is yes. You feel like you are sneaking in to some place you are not supposed to be and nobody likes you there and look down on you for being there.
    No cutting up at the ramp about past events. It just doesn't feel right out there. This thing is only dangerous to 35 percent of the population but no one knows
    who the 35 percent are.
    Tell'em I'll be there.
    Likes Techno2000, Fishn buddy, Mike1234 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I have been reluctant because of my age and my wife has a lung problem, but I an going today.
    Likes Techno2000 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stormcloud View Post
    My answer is yes. You feel like you are sneaking in to some place you are not supposed to be and nobody likes you there and look down on you for being there.
    I agree with this 100000%

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com

Post Thanks / Like

We are completely shut down except for trips to the store or medical locations. I am all rigged up with my new Perspective mount and download completed and ready to go. Would give most anything to go by myself or with my brother but that is off limits currently. Y’all that can, go fishing and send pics!
    Likes Techno2000, Redge LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stormcloud View Post
    You feel like you are sneaking in to some place you are not supposed to be and nobody likes you there and look down on you for being there.
    Yeah,this is going to get to the point where anybody else is miserable,so they don't want you to enjoy yourself by going fishing.
    Last edited by Techno2000; 04-06-2020 at 10:34 AM.
    Likes wannabe fisherman LIKED above post

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I can tell you for me the depression of this thing is starting to get bad. I refuse to go out there and take the chance of getting exposed at the ramp. But I’m finding it hard to get motivated to get out and do stuff I need to do around the house. What with this shelter in place and our weather with rain seems like every other day for weeks on end is rough on me. Got some projects I’m going out and work on today that need to get done. Sun shine 2 days in a row got me a little motivated. Wasn’t for CDC I’d probably be screaming at the walls.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

ezgoing is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I can still fish every day at my slips and will now be able to fish the lake again as I have installed the new ignition switch on my boat. I have not been as careful about being around people as I should at my age but have decided to change that given the rise in cases and the death toll from this disease.

So I am going to stay at the boat as much as possible and will not socialize as much I normally do with those I see at the marina. Sad but necessary as this is a real disease with real consequences.

I really feel sympathy for those who can not work due to this pandemic. They must not only worry about their families getting sick from this but must also worry about how they are going to support their families during this period.
    We are all born ignorant but one must work really hard to remain stupid. -Ben Franklin
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    Any day I'm fishing is a good day, regardless of what I catch.

Post Thanks / Like

No. More time to fish now than before.
    Check out my Instagram fishing pics:
    https://www.instagram.com/fishfishwish/

Post Thanks / Like

Not only not wanting to go fishing, but if the depression gets any worse I'm not even sure I want to keep living.
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast