HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 101 of 176 FirstFirst ... 51919899100101102103104111151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1760

Thread: JDM rods relating to Panfish

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by StantheMan2567 View Post
    Crow is on the Menu once again. I did what I said I just could not bring myself to do yesterday on the lake. Yes GA tech dude and others, I shot a couple docks with the 7.4 Corto. Seriously, it was just a fluke thing, and pucker factor was high on the first couple tries, but man it was nice to feel that Thump when they connected.
    ?Attachment 370960
    ?Attachment 370961
    ?Attachment 370962
    ?Attachment 370963
    I have read on here that the Triple Cross is a good dock shooting rod, but I left mine at home not even thinking I would rear back the tip of a good piece of Japanese graphite and let it fly. I may try the TC next time I get out, just have to work up the nerve again.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Great catch.

Regards

Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Thanks StantheMan2567 thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TXPanfisher View Post
    Thanks! I certainly appreciate it. An 1/8 oz lure is something I don't use often, but have on occasion.
    I would suggest one of the Fine Tail FAX models. I have the 63 SUL and absolutely love it. I have landed some big fish with it but of course I would not pick it to go out hunting bass. The sensitivity is great...it weighs only 1.9 ounces. The max lure rating is 3.5 grams....which is 1/8.....but not sure how the rod will handle that as the max I use on it is probably 2 grams.

Regards

New Finetail AREA | メジャークラフト|Major Craft Web

Thanks BobC thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TXPanfisher View Post
    Thanks! I certainly appreciate it. An 1/8 oz lure is something I don't use often, but have on occasion.
    I have the Major Craft Finetail Fax 632L, the biggest one in the Finetail Fax Basic series.

With this rod I've only thrown 1/16 oz jigs so far but it's rated for up to 5 grams so it should handle 1/8oz jigs just fine. It's a very light rod, I think it's around 2.1oz.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Thanks TXPanfisher, BobC thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MtnFisher View Post
    I have the Major Craft Finetail Fax 632L, the biggest one in the Finetail Fax Basic series.

With this rod I've only thrown 1/16 oz jigs so far but it's rated for up to 5 grams so it should handle 1/8oz jigs just fine. It's a very light rod, I think it's around 2.1oz.

And I have the FAX 632UL, the one in the middle. I have thrown 1/48 and 1/32 only, and it does great with those weights. Loads nice and is sensitive with the small diameter lines. No Olympic GraphiteLeader for sure, but a very good looking rod with a nice bend. It will see some Bluegill beds next month, and maybe even a Speck next week.
    Thanks TXPanfisher, BobC thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MtnFisher View Post

Quote Originally Posted by StantheMan2567 View Post
    And I have the FAX 632UL, the one in the middle. I have thrown 1/48 and 1/32 only, and it does great with those weights. Loads nice and is sensitive with the small diameter lines. No Olympic GraphiteLeader for sure, but a very good looking rod with a nice bend. It will see some Bluegill beds next month, and maybe even a Speck next week.
    I am still mulling things over, but I think the UL might be right for my situation.

Post Thanks / Like

Rockin power arrived today. Looks like this will be a sweet rod. It seems similar to the corto. Guides are slightly bigger on the power vs the finesse. But section is a little different. Tip section is slightly larger in diameter and the carbon looks to go back an inch farther.
    Name:  IMG_20200404_122101031.jpg
Views: 476
Size:  69.4 KB
    Name:  IMG_20200404_122420283.jpg
Views: 462
Size:  47.4 KB
    Name:  IMG_20200404_122106190.jpg
Views: 402
Size:  53.2 KB
    Last edited by Veedo; 04-04-2020 at 12:31 PM.
    Likes jawjatek, redearhoosier, s_v, John Scott LIKED above post
    Thanks PickwickDam thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Veedo View Post
    Rockin power arrived today. Looks like this will be a sweet rod. It seems similar to the corto. Guides are slightly bigger on the power vs the finesse. But section is a little different. Tip section is slightly larger in diameter and the carbon looks to go back an inch farther.
    Congrats! Very nice! Thank you for sharing!

Likes John Scott LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Name:  IMG_20200404_122106190.jpg
Views: 402
Size:  53.2 KB
    Good looking sticks, ready for a comparison report. I have been taking the 7.4 and the 6.10 Corto to the lake last couple trips. 7.4 is the muscle, 6.10 has a great tip, Power and Finesse!
    Likes MtnFisher LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I just learned tonight that Google translate can translate the text in images from one language to another. So if anyone was ever wondering what the literature that came with your jdm gear says, it works pretty good. Just grant the app permission to your camera, scan the image and it translates in real time. For anyone without a camera, post or send an image and I can try to translate it.
    Likes gjaime, PickwickDam LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I just learned tonight that Google translate can translate the text in images from one language to another. So if anyone was ever wondering what the literature that came with your jdm gear says, it works pretty good. Just grant the app permission to your camera, scan the image and it translates in real time. For anyone without a camera, post or send an image and I can try to translate it.
    Most would not believe how much time I’ve spent doing that....and the untold hours of research on a particular piece of gear.

Regards

Likes John Scott LIKED above post