HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: All ramps closed?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bioguy View Post
    Last I heard there are 2-3 officers per county to enforce all land and water issues. Do you really think DNR can cover every public access point and every hang out on the water. No chance! Only one at fault are the people you continue gather in masses and keep the spread going.
    Most Carolina lakes probably are rural enough to where you’re correct about lack of officers. But I tell you one thing. Lake Wylie is opposite. Between the S.C. DNR, N.C. DNR, Mecklenburg county police, Gaston county police, and York county police they got more boats than a Spanish Armada...I was crappie fishing under buster boyd bridge last year at night and was checked by ALL of them at ONCE. They have abundant manpower on this lake to enforce the craziness. Again, this is just my lake here. I can’t speak for anyone else.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Likes BigDawgg LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Most Carolina lakes probably are rural enough to where you’re correct about lack of officers. But I tell you one thing. Lake Wylie is opposite. Between the S.C. DNR, N.C. DNR, Mecklenburg county police, Gaston county police, and York county police they got more boats than a Spanish Armada...I was crappie fishing under buster boyd bridge last year at night and was checked by ALL of them at ONCE. They have abundant manpower on this lake to enforce the craziness. Again, this is just my lake here. I can’t speak for anyone else.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bioguy View Post
    Last I heard there are 2-3 officers per county to enforce all land and water issues. Do you really think DNR can cover every public access point and every hang out on the water. No chance! Only one at fault are the people you continue gather in masses and keep the spread going.

They don't have to cover every public access...what about the ones they identified last weekend. The usual hangouts are "party island" @ Hartwell, etc. If they seen them, they should have done something. I can go fishing and put in at the same ramp and not come in contact with anything or anyone within 6'...
    "Stumphunter's Crappie Jigs" Prostaff
    Likes strmwalker, BigDawgg, Countryboy N.C. LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

No no say it isn't so! Let me get this straight all public ramps are closed correct? But if u have access to a private ramp you can still fish am I correct on that?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    A bad day fishing is better then a good day at work. Unless u fish for a living
    Likes sinkermaker, BigDawgg LIKED above post

sinkermaker is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

That's right bean if you have to pay to launch you can still go. Just think about this stores are open for people to shop and hospitals are open so why aren't they worrying about them. The virus should be running loose and spreading every where but it isn't. People are still working and the only one that got a raw deal is the food industry. Crock of you now what in my opinion.
    Likes Wylie, KHNC LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Out of curiosity I looked some stats up. There are 5.2 million residents in South Carolina and since it was announced we have 1125 confirmed cases and the government is running peoples lives and lively hood over this. More people have died from drunk driving than the virus
    Last edited by sinkermaker; 03-31-2020 at 05:14 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks sinkermaker my wife was in here nervous thinking she would have to put up with me every day of my vacation next week. The fish have been biting very well on the parts of the lake santee cooper that I fish. And if I'm not mistaking full moon is in a couple of days so guess I'll be ok. Yes the food industry has taken a big hit. And there will be more things to come I'm sure of it
    Quote Originally Posted by sinkermaker View Post
    That's right bean if you have to pay to launch you can still go. Just think about this stores are open for people to shop and hospitals are open so why aren't they worrying about them. The virus should be running loose and spreading every where but it isn't. People are still working and the only one that got a raw deal is the food industry. Crock of you now what in my opinion.
    Name:  Screenshot_20200309-104547_Facebook.jpg
Views: 341
Size:  90.0 KB

Sent from my SM-N950U using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    A bad day fishing is better then a good day at work. Unless u fish for a living
    Likes BigDawgg, sinkermaker, STUMP HUNTER LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Nice mess of fish I got my own ramp and planning on trying it Thursday and Friday to see if I can find enough to eat.
    Likes SeaRay LIKED above post
    Thanks CrappieKidd thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

My wife has sheer panic on her face when she realize I won't be getting out of house.
    "Smiles don't leave a lake without one."
    "White Perch the other white meat."
    "CK the Official Tester of floating nets".

Post Thanks / Like

SCDNR has closed all 16 state lakes

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast