HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 97 of 176 FirstFirst ... 4787949596979899100107147 ... LastLast

Thread: JDM rods relating to Panfish

Post Thanks / Like

It seems that PLAT is using different daily conversion rate for YEN to USD when compared to other Japanese sellers (in my case it was about +$7-8). I thought I'd point out...

Post Thanks / Like

Alphahawk,

Is there a certain time period in the year when JDM rods are more available?

I read some JDM rod makers only manufacture their blanks during the warmer seasons, if that is true then I would think the JDM web vendors would have more JDM rods in stock in the fall?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MtnFisher View Post
    Alphahawk,

Is there a certain time period in the year when JDM rods are more available?

I read some JDM rod makers only manufacture their blanks during the warmer seasons, if that is true then I would think the JDM web vendors would have more JDM rods in stock in the fall?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    I’m not sure how they do production runs but I’ve never been able to coordinate how it works. I’ve emailed several times with questions about production runs and Plat....Digitaka, always give the same answer “When it is available from manufacturer we will let you know”. I don’t think there is any rhyme or reason how they do production runs.....to us anyway.....I am sure to them it is the normal way they do business.

Regards

Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

I placed a rod order with Plat last week. Within two days, they replied that particular new BlueCurrent III rod was not in yet, but all their allocation had been sold in advance, with down payments required for each order in advance.
    Thanks s_v thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

From my experience (and I have much more experience in the tenkara market than in spinning and BFS, but I suspect the situation is similar), major manufacturers like Daiwa and Shimano start planning production for the 2020 season in the summer of 2019. They will take orders then from their major dealers, for delivery in the winter and early spring. Those large orders, placed well in advance, get filled. They then open up orders for their smaller dealers in November or December. Those orders probably get filled (much of their production plan is based on the early orders, with "some" extra production). Any orders that come in after that Nov-Dec period are filled if the rods are in stock. If they are sold out, they will likely be sold out until the following year.

The smaller manufacturers I have dealt with will do a production run if you order a substantial quantity (possibly 30-50 rods), but that production run will be in 3-4 months, as their production planning is always 3 months in advance.

I have no idea how PLAT and the other merchants place their orders, but I would imagine they try to estimate demand as well as they can and order for delivery well in advance. If there is a surge in orders, they ship what they can and order more from the manufacturer. If the manufacturer is sold out, you are out of luck.
    www.finesse-fishing.com
    Ultralight JDM Fishing Gear
    Likes slowhand, Alphahawk LIKED above post
    Thanks StantheMan2567, s_v, PickwickDam, MtnFisher, John Scott thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Is anyone else having issues with using Paypal at Digitaka right now?

Post Thanks / Like

The problem fixed itself after a few hours, I lost a rod I wanted very much... As usual, cannot take your time with these...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by s_v View Post
    The problem fixed itself after a few hours, I lost a rod I wanted very much... As usual, cannot take your time with these...
    The sale is supposed to run through the end of April. Keep checking back and perhaps they will restock. I have my have-to-have rod bookmarked so I can check back several times a day to see if it's back in stock.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slowhand View Post
    The sale is supposed to run through the end of April. Keep checking back and perhaps they will restock. I have my have-to-have rod bookmarked so I can check back several times a day to see if it's back in stock.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    That's what has happened in my case. Was working in the middle of the night and happened to check. The model I wanted became "last one", but not for long – went while I was calling Paypal various names at my laptop.

I suspect Blue Current TZ Nano models may not be that readily available...

Post Thanks / Like

Most of the blue current rods were last ones when I looked right when the sale started... I don’t think they had many to begin with so hopefully they will put more up in the model you want