HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lewisville Lake newbie

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lewisville Lake newbie

I'm looking for some tips on Lewisville Lake on where to start/best techniques here. I just moved down the street from Little elm Creek and found a little spot I can access it from. Looks like there's a 12' Creek channel that flows from the main lake with a very large 2-3' flat right next to it.

I was wondering if the fish would be moving up into shallower water of the creek about this time? Or would vertical fishing the bridge pilings be most productive in this lake? Not much crappie fishing experience, but I do very well "vertical casting" bridge pilings usually on Ray Roberts. Just don't have a clue where to go this time of year or in general on Lewisville. TIA!

- Robert

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rippyro View Post
    I'm looking for some tips on Lewisville Lake on where to start/best techniques here. I just moved down the street from Little elm Creek and found a little spot I can access it from. Looks like there's a 12' Creek channel that flows from the main lake with a very large 2-3' flat right next to it.

I was wondering if the fish would be moving up into shallower water of the creek about this time? Or would vertical fishing the bridge pilings be most productive in this lake? Not much crappie fishing experience, but I do very well "vertical casting" bridge pilings usually on Ray Roberts. Just don't have a clue where to go this time of year or in general on Lewisville. TIA!

- Robert

Also looking for a fishing partner in the North Dallas area to learn some stuff from. I always feel like I'm taking a wild guess at where to find fish and what to use. I usually don't have luck except from one spot on one lake. It's currently closed due to flooding, so the constant skunk is getting frustrating.

I fish from a kayak (don't own a boat) so I'm limited to a smaller radius from where I launch vs boaters. It's not as easy to cover water so educated guesses on where to start in certain conditions would help tremendously.

Post Thanks / Like

sometimes the bridges there are quite productive . its been years since I hit that lake but to be sure its loaded with slabs .
    fish over 2 lbs are not rare there according to the fisheries dept. last time I chatted with them .
    and lots of blacknose in there as well .
    braid might be something you consider there as it has a good population of large striped fish too .fyi
    I am pretty sure hickory creek has a real good run of spring fish if I remember right .
    luck to ya and show us dem fisheez
    KABOOM is the word
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales
    Likes rippyro LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchn View Post
    sometimes the bridges there are quite productive . its been years since I hit that lake but to be sure its loaded with slabs .
    fish over 2 lbs are not rare there according to the fisheries dept. last time I chatted with them .
    and lots of blacknose in there as well .
    braid might be something you consider there as it has a good population of large striped fish too .fyi
    I am pretty sure hickory creek has a real good run of spring fish if I remember right .
    luck to ya and show us dem fisheez
    KABOOM is the word
    Thanks! Unfortunately my fishing trip on this beautiful morning got the kybosh due to the Corona virus and kids staying home today. Soon though. Very soon. In the meantime I'll share a couple pictures of some RayBob slabs I've enjoyed hahaName:  IMG_20191108_134632_MP-01.jpg
Views: 509
Size:  95.4 KBName:  IMG_20191108_170248.jpg
Views: 519
Size:  122.0 KBName:  IMG_20191108_134551.jpg
Views: 485
Size:  94.3 KB

Likes skiptomylu, LittleStick LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Good catching for sure!

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!
    Thanks rippyro thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent catch Skip! and bet it was fun catching fish after fish in a short time.

Post Thanks / Like

ole raybob has a few in it , mr crappie likes raybob , it does have a pretty good rep .
    I just chatted with a friend today that wants to make a run at it soon .
    KABOOM is the word
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales

Post Thanks / Like

The Eldorado Pkwy bridge by the big park is know to hold some fish. Little Elm Creek gets plenty of spawners. Put in at Fish Trap. Some good ponds right there too. Doe Branch is a good creek even up above 380. The little creek with the footbridge near the Little Elm Landfill can be good too

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LittleStick View Post
    The Eldorado Pkwy bridge by the big park is know to hold some fish. Little Elm Creek gets plenty of spawners. Put in at Fish Trap. Some good ponds right there too. Doe Branch is a good creek even up above 380. The little creek with the footbridge near the Little Elm Landfill can be good too
    Thanks! Fishtrap has been closed due to flooding for the past week or two. I know exactly where you're talking about though. I'm hoping I can get a day off when it's not blowing 20mph so I can paddle the creek bed/creek looking for fish. I definitely wanna check out the Little elm park bridge when the wind dies down too. Caught this guy in my cast net at the Little elm park ramp FridayName:  IMG_20200327_151722.jpg
Views: 508
Size:  78.1 KBName:  IMG_20200327_151524_MP.jpg
Views: 462
Size:  141.5 KB

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rippyro View Post
    Thanks! Fishtrap has been closed due to flooding for the past week or two. I know exactly where you're talking about though. I'm hoping I can get a day off when it's not blowing 20mph so I can paddle the creek bed/creek looking for fish. I definitely wanna check out the Little elm park bridge when the wind dies down too. Caught this guy in my cast net at the Little elm park ramp FridayName:  IMG_20200327_151722.jpg
Views: 508
Size:  78.1 KBName:  IMG_20200327_151524_MP.jpg
Views: 462
Size:  141.5 KB

I would cut that up and run some catfish noodles!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast