HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 84 of 176 FirstFirst ... 34748182838485868794134 ... LastLast

Thread: JDM rods relating to Panfish

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alphahawk View Post
    Of course I don't know anything about ice rods but this rod has Daiwa's new type tip on it. It is a titanium composite...supposedly great bite detection and very durable. I have been looking at the latest Daiwa AGS Area Trout Rod that has this tip. But of course all I am doing is looking as the new Presso Limited AGS SMT sells for $780.....LOL.

Regards
    I plan to start using my ajing setup for fishing at a local port, I suspect there is barely any limit to where these JDM ultralight combos will shine (and I won't get tired of saying thank you for steering me in this direction). I have yet to discover panfish, I do not know local reservoirs very well. If all goes according to the plan, I have an eye set on Gamakatsu Luxxe - Shimano Vanquish combo, but I will take my time...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDave336 View Post
    That's pretty cool. Interesting reel he has as well. Have no idea what he said though...lol.
    I got the part about the rack and pinion steering, but didn't completely understand the limited slip differential part...

Sent from my SM-T580 using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Likes D10, Alphahawk, PickwickDam LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by s_v View Post
    I plan to start using my ajing setup for fishing at a local port, I suspect there is barely any limit to where these JDM ultralight combos will shine (and I won't get tired of saying thank you for steering me in this direction). I have yet to discover panfish, I do not know local reservoirs very well. If all goes according to the plan, I have an eye set on Gamakatsu Luxxe - Shimano Vanquish combo, but I will take my time...
    You ain’t half stepping with that setup....LOL. The Luxxe is probably the lightest production rod made....and the Vanquish is certainly the reel for it. That will be an awesome setup.

Regards

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Likes redearhoosier LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alphahawk View Post
    I don't seriously vertical jig...but if I did I would have one of these.

Regards
    YouTube

Alphahawk, would this be a good rod vertical jigging for crappies? I have read through this thread and saw that you had recommended to someone a Majorcraft N-one, as well seen you say if you were to take vertical jigging seriously you would use your 8'3 Yamaga BC TZ. Question, what is the best rod for vertical jigging? I just ordered the Yamaga 6'2 BC TZ Nano from Digitaka. Thanks for your helpful info.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hacc View Post
    Alphahawk, would this be a good rod vertical jigging for crappies? I have read through this thread and saw that you had recommended to someone a Majorcraft N-one, as well seen you say if you were to take vertical jigging seriously you would use your 8'3 Yamaga BC TZ. Question, what is the best rod for vertical jigging? I just ordered the Yamaga 6'2 BC TZ Nano from Digitaka. Thanks for your helpful info.
    I'm not familiar enough with the rods to actually recommend someone to purchase one of those. I was just intrigued by the makeup of the rod and the fish they are pulling up with it...the Black Sea Bass...or in Japanese "Chinu". I would recommend highly the Blue Current TZ series of rods for vertical jigging. The casting rods will be slightly less sensitive than the spinning rods. The N-One would be a good rod also...but the higher end Ajing rods would be the best.

Regards

Post Thanks / Like

I wanted a light action bass rod for throwing tube jigs from 1/8 to 1/4oz using 6lb test, my first choice was the Major Craft Speed Style nano but could not find any in light action at a good price?

I did find a MC Day 632L rod for just $121 shipped so squeezed the trigger. Figured it's still better than an American rod at that price point.

Anyone own one of the Major Craft Day series rods?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

I abused my Triple Cross again today. This is the biggest LM I have ever caught, and I caught it on JDM UL gear, shooting a dock at the end of a frustrating day. 22", estimated 8 lbs.+. It took every bit of 5 minutes to get her to the boat, and she should have come off with some spectacular leaps, all up aganst the boat, and trying to get into the TM. Whew. What a fight. I released her in good shape. Bobby Garland baby shad on a hand-painted 1/32 oz. 4x4 jigs crappie jig. 3 lb hiviz flouro. 6'8" Triple Cross, "15 Luvias 2004H.
    Name:  bass031320_1.jpg
Views: 334
Size:  94.1 KB
    "Alive without breath, as cold as death; never thirsty, ever drinking, all in mail never clinking."

Post Thanks / Like

Outstanding catch. I think that qualifies as a “Citation” catch. Congratulations, and on U/L gear all the more memorable!
    Bob
    Thanks jawjatek thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Great catch.

Regards

Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome catch! I bet that was a blast. The 5.7 lb largemouth I caught had me smiling ear to ear, bet you were the same. Congrats!