HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 41 of 78 FirstFirst ... 313839404142434451 ... LastLast

Thread: JDM reels relating to panfish

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VaCrappieMan View Post
    So most everyone has been ordering the bearing kits directly from hedgehog? Also curious what type of bearing kit you get? I would assume “SHG?” About to place an order to upgrade my 15 Luvias and my Ballistic... any direction would be appreciated... thank you
    I have used Hedgehog bearings and the ones off of eBay. I have not had any issues with either. Hedgehog pre-fits all their bearings just to be sure.

Regards

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VaCrappieMan View Post
    SHG bearings or HRCB bearings? D10 I am also a little nervous but I do have a shop pretty close that dad took his presso to and they fixed it just fine... if I have any issues I am hoping they can bail me out... haha
    I use the SHG.....been in one reel since 2013...still smooth as butter.

Regards

Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

You only need the ceramic if you fish salt water. The stainless actually roll better (a bit less friction). I got the SHG.
    "Alive without breath, as cold as death; never thirsty, ever drinking, all in mail never clinking."
    Thanks John Scott thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I seem to recall Shimano Twin Power has come up in this discussion. A 2015 1000PGS model can be had for $242.05 plus shipping here:

You are being redirected...

Alphahawk, did you find 195 g to be a bit on a heavy side for your ultralight rods?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by s_v View Post
    I seem to recall Shimano Twin Power has come up in this discussion. A 2015 1000PGS model can be had for $242.05 plus shipping here:

You are being redirected...

Alphahawk, did you find 195 g to be a bit on a heavy side for your ultralight rods?
    No it works out ok. But.....since I started using the reels in the 150-160 gram range I dont want anymore of the heavier reels. The Twin Power still has a place in my lineup. I have decided to give my Certate and my 2015 Luvias reels in the 2004 series to my sons. Ill keep the 2015 Luvias 1000 series. Love the Daiwa LT lineup.

Regards

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alphahawk View Post
    No it works out ok. But.....since I started using the reels in the 150-160 gram range I don’t want anymore of the heavier reels. The Twin Power still has a place in my lineup. I have decided to give my Certate and my 2015 Luvias reels in the 2004 series to my sons. I’ll keep the 2015 Luvias 1000 series. Love the Daiwa LT lineup.

Regards

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Thank you for your thoughts. May I ask how you feel about Theory LT? Seems as the specs are up to the task...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by s_v View Post
    Thank you for your thoughts. May I ask how you feel about Theory LT? Seems as the specs are up to the task...
    I am not versed on the Theroy....but I believe you will get value for money paid.

Regards

Post Thanks / Like

Name:  IMG_1943.jpg
Views: 338
Size:  38.9 KB
    Added two bearings and a cork knob to my legalis LT1000S handle. SHG tuning kit from hedgehog... line roller next ....

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com
    Likes MtnFisher LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Line roller done. It wasnt hard at all and its my first time tuning a reel. However, fat fingers like mine dont help handling these tiny washers. Wanted to practice on the legalis before starting work on the Luvias lol. Now I have around 145 bucks invested in that reel. Reel $100 + 3BB tuning kit $25 + Daiwa cork knob $20. Not sure if its worth it but I had fun in the process and looks great on my MC Trapara TPS -562XUL.

Views: 268
Size:  56.3 KB

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FishSolidATL View Post
    Line roller done. It wasn’t hard at all and it’s my first time tuning a reel. However, fat fingers like mine don’t help handling these tiny washers. Wanted to practice on the legalis before starting work on the Luvias lol. Now I have around 145 bucks invested in that reel. Reel $100 + 3BB tuning kit $25 + Daiwa cork knob $20. Not sure if it’s worth it but I had fun in the process and looks great on my MC Trapara TPS -562XUL.

Views: 268
Size:  56.3 KB

I do like the looks of that cork handle, nice job indeed.
    Thanks FishSolidATL thanked you for this post

Page 41 of 78 FirstFirst ... 313839404142434451 ... LastLast