HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 80 of 176 FirstFirst ... 30707778798081828390130 ... LastLast

Thread: JDM rods relating to Panfish

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by StantheMan2567 View Post
    I think Randy has the SUL, got to be even “whippier” than the UL. 6-8 inch Gills should put a bend in this rod and pull some drag like gangbusters!!
    Oh, I misread I also have the sul. I see you have ul.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

It was indeed a very nice sale, and I was very tempted to get a trout area rod for my spoons. I have to say I am glad I haven't acted on it. Since then, I have had a chance to throw some spoons with my ajing rod. It worked like a charm. My JDM trout spoons are 3 g or below and I could send them flying way over 50 yards, which is MUCH farther than with any of my USDM ultralight rods. You probably won't get the same experience pulling the fish in, but to me casting distance and precision are far more important. And, after all, pulling in 2 lbs stocker trout without a landing net is a lot of fun on this rod... My main point is: these ajing rods appear to be very versatile.
    Likes redearhoosier LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by StantheMan2567 View Post
    Question for Alphahawk

Last week, March 2 to be exact Digitaka ran a quick Time Sale, 30% off and featured a couple of Majorcraft Rods, one being the Area Stage 6.3 FAX UL. I debated, not a fan of the shorter rods, but still pulled the trigger. At 120 bucks and change with free shipping, I could not resist. It came today and it is an absolutely beautiful rod, maroon trim, shiny titanium guides elegant cursive white lettering.
    ?Attachment 367994
    ?Attachment 367995
    My question is about the action and the lure rating. I will preface this by saying it is my first JDM Trout rod, all weapons in the stable are Ajing and Mebaru rods, hence the new hen in the house is definitely different. Un boxed and on the first good shake I noticed it seems almost whippy like. Kinda reminds me of the Yellow Eagle Claw UL rods of old. The blank is very small in diameter as compared to the Ajing rods I own, and it weighs more than the 6.10 Corto. The lure rating, on the bottom recommendation is .9g, that is what has me sorta wondering. The rod seems very lightweight and in my book would be suitable for even lighter weights on the bottom end. The 7.4 Corto I just ordered and received is a broom stick compared to the Finetail but has the same lower limit lure rating. Hopefully Randy or someone can explain the lower rating. I have not field tested either rod, and may understand once I get some seat time on them, just curious what to expect.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    I have the SUL version of this rod and it's a tremendous rod. Randy has several videos of him wearing out the crappie and sunfish with this rod.

I think you'll love the rod...I truly don't have enough seat time with mine to paint a better picture, but that's soon to change!!

BTW, I manage to miss those sales, SMH!
    Likes FishSolidATL LIKED above post
    Thanks StantheMan2567 thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I managed to get 2 rods during the sale... I think Stan beat me to the finetail but I came out of it with the 6’8” Triple Cross Tubular (I do agree with it probably being a great dock shooting rod but I am going to use it as a designated float rod). I also picked up the N-One 6’8” Tubular... I figured one of them would work well for float fishing which is what I was needing to round out my arsenal... I think the N-One may end up being a great rod to toss spoons with... I didn’t think I would upgrade my lure tossing rod for trout because I lift 12” stockers up on a dock at times and was afraid of breaking a JDM rod but I really only fish off that dock a few times a year so I’ll toss a Exist on the N-One and some 3lb crystal fireline and get to tossing... was glad I hit that sale and I am pleased by both rods... aside from maybe 1 more 1000 series reel and some bearing upgrades I think I am good for a while... I say that and another rod will be on the way tomorrow... haha
    Likes gjaime, redearhoosier LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Took the fax-632sul with the ballastic fw lt1000s with 2.3 lbs varvias ester and 2 lbs floro leader, out this morning to fish the local pond.

Caught a couple of 9" crappie, 6 bluegills, 2 -10" trouts, 6- 6-10" largemouth bass. Wind was about 9 mph SE. Had a good one hour fishing before family was coming home.

I'm liking this rod a lot. Good sensitivity and like the way it feels when reeling the fish in.

Likes FishSolidATL, StantheMan2567, D10 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I too had some fun with the FAX 6 3 SUL today. I did not fish long as the water was rough...made for an uncomfortable day. They were spilling 90,000 CFS and I knew that it would be somewhat rough. When they drop it down to around 60,000 CFS it will fish much better. Had a few crappie...the pics are of a 12.5 inch and a 13.25 inch fish......and one bass. I will let you all decide if it is a Spot or largemouth. It had no tooth patch.....but the color and splotches look like a Spot....the dorsal fin is connected. Anyway those fish were a lot of fun on the SUL. It really is a great rod to fish with. I had the Ballistic FW 1000 on spooled up with the 2.3# test ester. Just a fun day......but now wind and rain are forecast. The perils of early spring....

Regards

Name:  Adjustments.jpg
Views: 360
Size:  72.2 KBName:  Adjustments.jpg
Views: 393
Size:  80.5 KBName:  Adjustments.jpg
Views: 369
Size:  89.8 KB

Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Some nice fish Randy, and my vote is for a spotted bass. That dam looks familiar but I’m lost for where. Not Normandy I’m sure, woods is much taller as I’m sure Tim’s is but I’ve never been to that spillway. Pm if you don’t want to advertise. Those two crappie would make a good meal for my wife and I, chunky looking.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skeetbum View Post
    Some nice fish Randy, and my vote is for a spotted bass. That dam looks familiar but I’m lost for where. Not Normandy I’m sure, woods is much taller as I’m sure Tim’s is but I’ve never been to that spillway. Pm if you don’t want to advertise. Those two crappie would make a good meal for my wife and I, chunky looking.
    Thanks Skeet....a lot of fun but the boat sure was rocking today....LOL.

Regards

Sent from my iPad using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

New Corto and Other JDM Gear

Got a free afternoon, and some decent weather so I took the new 7.4 Corto for a quick spin in the boat. Needed to run some fresh gas through the old girl and shake out the winter cobwebs. Everything worked as it should, so I put the Diawa Gekajibin MX spooled with the 2lb Nanofil on the new weapon and went in search of something that would bite. Water temps were 49 at the ramp in the channel, so I knew I would have to run way back in the shallows to find warmer water and a possible victim or two. It didnt take long to feel a thump, and the rod bent quickly and held its own, but definitely not a Crappie.
    ?Name:  Adjustments.jpg
Views: 353
Size:  61.1 KB
Views: 409
Size:  78.3 KB
    About a 3lb Drum, wide and feisty, the rod took care of him easily. A nice parabolic bend for the tubular tip Ajing rod, I was casting a 1/32oz jig with ease. I plan to use a 1/16 some also with this rig, just did not need the extra weight today for shallow water fishing. No more bites on the Corto, I picked up the Greenie Weenie TM and quickly scored a Spotted Bass, they will eat anything.
Views: 354
Size:  89.6 KB
    The Triple Cross with the 3lb Braid and the low speed Luvias made him famous. I moved into a very shallow and crystal clear creek mouth, switched to a Bison TM and found a good ride from Mr. Smalljaws.
Views: 364
Size:  84.7 KB
Views: 357
Size:  103.8 KB
Views: 265
Size:  48.7 KB
    15.5in and a handsome specimen, the mountains of ET made a perfect frame for his pic before being released. The Moon started its journey up and overhead, so I called it a day.
Views: 372
Size:  35.9 KB
    The New Corto will have his day, just need the water to warm and rise a little more.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gjaime View Post
    Took the fax-632sul with the ballastic fw lt1000s with 2.3 lbs varvias ester and 2 lbs floro leader, out this morning to fish the local pond.

Caught a couple of 9" crappie, 6 bluegills, 2 -10" trouts, 6- 6-10" largemouth bass. Wind was about 9 mph SE. Had a good one hour fishing before family was coming home.

I'm liking this rod a lot. Good sensitivity and like the way it feels when reeling the fish in.

Pictures? Didn’t take my 6.3 out today, a little too cold for Gills where I was fishing, expected Bass and got a few and a Big Drum.