HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Another Livescope ??

Post Thanks / Like

What l like is it lets you see how fish reacts to your bait, presentations, how spooky, lockjawed or easy to catch and how big the fish is.
    Using LS I have been vertical jigging with 12 ft to 18 ft rods for just how far l need to get jig to fish using either a carolina rig or 1/4 ounce jig on top and 1/8 or 1/16 jig on bottom and slowly approach fish to catch and not spook. It is fascinating to see fish images in real time.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    It's not the numbers or the size, it's the time spent on the water!
    Likes GREENFISH LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I have only had LS a few months but have witness some interesting behavior.
    Sometimes when im vertical jigging I use a tiny jig and put a split shot about 18" above it and there has been countless times that fish will swim to the bait then come up and strike the split shot. Before I had always assumes it was just a short strike.
    Other things I have seen, Fish diving 6 or more feet from above my jig and hammering it; The number of fish that are on the bottom or in the mud; The larger fish tend to stay out away from brush/structure.
    Likes jackie53, GREENFISH LIKED above post

jackie53 is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

You will fish..Its in our Blood..Livescope is just another tool..Fished a clear hard to catch lake full of President Holiday fishermen everywhere yesterday..Without livescope I would have went home..With a 0..10 boats fishing the same treetop..I don't get it..35,000 Acre Lake everyone wants to fish same tree...Folks they ain't going to bite....Livescope found the tree that hadn't been fished....Game changer...Not for everyone,......But a Great tool on a Tough day...
    Quote Originally Posted by skeetbum View Post
    I’ve never experienced live scope first hand, but comments have just solidified my feelings that I’ve had for years. That being; sometimes fish just aren’t interested no matter what you throw or how you stink it up. When I first started crappie fishing I was able to fish a place literally loaded with fish. I could see so many on the depth finder that it was useless. Changing retrieves and ticks, bumps, taps, drops, and anything else you can imagine may get a fish but might not. It helped a lot in forming what I do today. For instance, a 2” lift of a bait looks unnatural and frequently won’t get bit. Now on the next cast I would drop the rod tip an inch or two, or hesitate just a split second in the retrieve of the reel, and get a rewarding thump. Touch the TM and blow the wash towards those fish and you better have something else to do for 30 minutes or so. Shut em down like throwing a switch. They wouldn’t leave but they wouldn’t eat either. TM noise was also a negative but it more depended on the noise level of the day. Windy noisy days and they weren’t near as touchy, but calm days they were real touchy. I hope to get to watch the show livescope provides one day. I wonder if I’ll stay glued to the screen or actually be able to fish some.
    Sent from my SM-J337A using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    John 3:16
    Blessed to have as many friends as fingers on your hand is a blessing!!!
    "Gone fish'n not wish'n"
    In God We Trust.
    Can God trust us.

Post Thanks / Like

Really enjoying this thread, I'm too old to justify getting livescope. Thanks for all your input, very interesting. Another Livescope ??

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    What time is it? IT'S CRAPPIE TIME!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GREENFISH View Post
    Number one surprise or biggest “I didn’t expect that!” those of you that have Livescope have experienced??
    Just curious. I told myself I would not be interested in one of these, but I’m captivated....

Fish swirled around my jig and not biting it

Sent from my SM-G965U using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    G3PO

ezgoing is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pescador View Post
    Really enjoying this thread, I'm too old to justify getting livescope. Thanks for all your input, very interesting. Another Livescope ??

Are you in your death bed and no longer fish? I bought livescope last year when I was 76 and don't regret a minute of it. My kids won't get quite as much money when I die but they can take turns using my pontoon with all it's equipment. If I haven't worn it out by then, which I hope to do.
    We are all born ignorant but one must work really hard to remain stupid. -Ben Franklin
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    Any day I'm fishing is a good day, regardless of what I catch.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ezgoing View Post
    Are you in your death bed and no longer fish? I bought livescope last year when I was 76 and don't regret a minute of it. My kids won't get quite as much money when I die but they can take turns using my pontoon with all it's equipment. If I haven't worn it out by then, which I hope to do.
    Amen brother, you only live once

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
    Likes GREENFISH, Chuck Adams LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for running interference for me Jackie. I was out there too. While the crowd was encroaching on you I was all by myself.

Things I have learned with Livescope. Crappie are very easy to spook. There are usually way more down there than you would believe and or absolutely none down there were you believe there should be a wad of them. I saw the split shot bite first hand yesterday, slowly reeled up until the jig was in front of the fish and wham. For every fish that bites there are a whole lot more that just hang there with the jig touching his lips. I have seen several crappie swarm the jig and not bite. Without LS you would not know how close you were to getting bit. It helps picking colors that the fish want. You will talk to the fish trying to convince them to bite.

Just like Jackie said it was a very tough day on that lake. Without Livescope I would have continued to grind away without a whole lot of success but thanks to livescope I managed 8 really nice crappie and released about a dz small ones.

Name:  fish opt.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  35.8 KB
    Likes jackie53, GREENFISH, Chuck Adams LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Crappie Whisperer he Whispers to the crappie.." come on bite" Lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pac in Arkansas View Post
    Thanks for running interference for me Jackie. I was out there too. While the crowd was encroaching on you I was all by myself.

Things I have learned with Livescope. Crappie are very easy to spook. There are usually way more down there than you would believe and or absolutely none down there were you believe there should be a wad of them. I saw the split shot bite first hand yesterday, slowly reeled up until the jig was in front of the fish and wham. For every fish that bites there are a whole lot more that just hang there with the jig touching his lips. I have seen several crappie swarm the jig and not bite. Without LS you would not know how close you were to getting bit. It helps picking colors that the fish want. You will talk to the fish trying to convince them to bite.

Just like Jackie said it was a very tough day on that lake. Without Livescope I would have continued to grind away without a whole lot of success but thanks to livescope I managed 8 really nice crappie and released about a dz small ones.

"Gone fish'n not wish'n"
    In God We Trust.
    Can God trust us.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for showing me Livescope..I tell my Wife it's all your fault..Lol..
    Quote Originally Posted by Pac in Arkansas View Post

"Gone fish'n not wish'n"
    In God We Trust.
    Can God trust us.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast