HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Missing home II

Post Thanks / Like

Default Missing home II

After reading the touching story of Skeetbum's Bluegillgirl returning home for a visit I had a similar experience yesterday. As many of you have now read, I was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer this week. This came out of nowhere with almost no forewarning or symptoms.
    I see my chemo doctor next week and begin treatment. Just before this diagnosis, my oldest granddaughter(Brianna) was here for a brief visit frim college. She's a Junior at Lee University in Cleveland, Tennessee, a 6 hour drive through the mountains. Of course,her visit included a fishing trip with Pop. That was Monday 6(th) before my diagnosis on the 9th. Brianna lost her Mom to Cancer when she was 8 so we share a close bond.
    Ironically,her dad,my son, turned 50 this past week and they had planned a 50th celebration this weekend. They decided to forego the formal party and all come to our house to visit and celebrate here. They live in NC which is just a couple hours away,but it was never planned for Brianna to make this long trip back down by herself.
    As it turned out she was determined to come and in her Stepmom's words, "I don't think we can talk her out of it". I
    Name:  IMG_4910.jpg
Views: 505
Size:  94.6 KB.
    So she's here with me and I'll cherish every minute and worry until I know she back safely in college.
    Daughters and granddaughters are special beyond words and those of us blessed with one are rich beyond words. (Picture from our trip on 6th).
    Sorry for the long post but Sheetbum's daughter touched my heart.
    Mark 1:17 ...I will make you fishers of men

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Good read Ray.....good times with granddaughter for sure. Sorry about your diagnosis and praying for a good outcome.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Likes 1187mg LIKED above post
    Thanks SeaRay thanked you for this post

BuckeyeCrappie is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Good read Ray, God had his hand in your special visit and I am sure touched her heart to make the trip to spend time on the water with you. May he bless you and your family. Prayers for healing.
    “If your too busy to fish, you’re too busy!” Buddy Ebsen
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    (Billbob and “G” approved!)
    Proud member of Tekeum’s Jigs Pro
    Staff

https://heavenornot.net/

heavenornot.net
    Likes 1187mg LIKED above post

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

A super trip Ray, thanks for the share. I have two girls of my own, and now four granddaughters. Even the dogs are girls. The estrogen level is high in my house. And they’re special to me, every one. Both of my daughters also enjoy the outdoors which thrills me to no end. I’m sorry to hear of your diagnosis, and my prayers will continue for a good outcome to the treatments. There’s more for us to do, and his will be done. God bless Brother, always enjoy your posts. Thank you for the good words on BGG’s post, she’s a special one to me too. We share on several levels.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around
    Thanks SeaRay, BlueGillGirl thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

As a very recent survivor myself I know how your feeling, so much medical terminology that you may or may not understand is thrown at you and the docs give you looks as if to ask are you understanding this? I can tell you that it will get better, just breathe and don’t forget to say your prayers! I’m so glad you got to spend some time with your granddaughter, you’ll have to start planning the next trip after you kick cancer back where it belongs! My prayers are with you and your family, I’ll be waiting to see pics from your first cancer free trip!
    Likes Redge LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

@skeetbum Don’t forget about Arkham and Fletcher! We have some masculinity in this family! Name:  B093D4C9-D47F-4F67-A853-9C888248CFBA.jpg
Views: 308
Size:  34.0 KB
    Likes S10CHEVY, kycreek, Redge LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

sounds like fun times
    sum kawl me tha outlaw ketchn whales

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BlueGillGirl View Post
    @skeetbum Don’t forget about Arkham and Fletcher! We have some masculinity in this family! Name:  B093D4C9-D47F-4F67-A853-9C888248CFBA.jpg
Views: 308
Size:  34.0 KB
    Name:  20200101_160602_HDR.jpg
Views: 294
Size:  51.0 KB

LOL. They have one too. However , Herbie got " clipped" at the vet last week so he stayed at home with his favorite human. ( My grandson who had to work this weekend. He is in college and works part time at Papa John's and Herbie loves the way he smells!)
    Mark 1:17 ...I will make you fishers of men
    Likes Jamesdean, kycreek, Redge LIKED above post

Redge is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2017 Man Of The Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice post, glad you all got to enjoy each other.
    Got you on my prayer list.
    I think BGG gave some excellent advice, prayers and remembering to breath.
    Time on the water helps south the soul, when you can fit it in.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Proud Member of Team Geezer!

Post Thanks / Like

Very moving post, and it seems without a doubt that young woman was raised right and cares deeply for you. I will keep you in my prayers and find comfort in knowing you have unwavering support from your family and friends in your time of need.