Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Need answers

Post Thanks / Like

brake tool my uncle has one seen him use it many times

BuckeyeCrappie is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

You’re like me, I have drawers full of wrenches and screwdrivers! I keep the all in case I need to make a special stubby on to reach a crazy nut and bolt location like on my F250 power steering pump. It does look like an old brake tool but it will come in hand on something someday, wait and see.
    “If your too busy to fish, you’re too busy!” Buddy Ebsen
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    (Billbob and “G” approved!)
    Proud member of Tekeum’s Jigs Pro
    Staff

https://heavenornot.net/

heavenornot.net
    Likes crappiemax LIKED above post

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Specialty tools. An old friend was a Porsche mechanic in the 70’s . A new model came out and he had to buy almost $900 in specialty tools to work on that model for two years before they changed yet again. Hang onto the old brake tool, you might need to morph it into something one day.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Star wheel brake adjustment tool for adjustment of pad for drum brakes.
    My opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Pointed end for putting spring on brake shoes.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

I appreciate all the input, still haven't determined exactly what it's for as the pointed end is sharp like a scratch awl and the flat end is sharp like a chisel. As a retired mechanic who has way too many tools, I have actually counted my brake tools and out of 20 similar tools none are even close in design to this one. I even took it to a friend's uncle who at 82 and a retired mechanic who specialized in brakes said that it's definitely not a brake tool. So IDK Need answers

Sent from my SM-G970U using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RobAnderson View Post
    I appreciate all the input, still haven't determined exactly what it's for as the pointed end is sharp like a scratch awl and the flat end is sharp like a chisel. As a retired mechanic who has way too many tools, I have actually counted my brake tools and out of 20 similar tools none are even close in design to this one. I even took it to a friend's uncle who at 82 and a retired mechanic who specialized in brakes said that it's definitely not a brake tool. So IDK Need answers

Sent from my SM-G970U using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Rob, if your on Facebook their is a antique tools Facebook page. They are always helping people identify tools.

Posted in antique toools forum so we will see if any of those guys can help. I have seen one or used it but my old brain doesn’t have the recall it used to.
    Last edited by Cray; 02-07-2020 at 05:21 PM.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

Possibly just a small pry bar used maybe for carpentry or light iron work. I know steel workers use a similar tool but the pointed end is usually straight and not curved, of course they are bit bigger as well. I think they call those line up pry bars

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Take a picture of it on a solid white background, then do a google image search. I tried and all it picked up was the plywood background.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok got it figured out. I had completely forgot about this. It is a brake adjusting tool. On older drum brakes on the rear you used the pointed end to remove adjusting cover. Then used the flat end to lift the park brake leaver off the star. Then used the smaller adjusting tool to turn star to tighten or loosen brakes. I know I have one somewhere used to have to use it on our old rental trucks with rear drum brakes. But been probably been 30 years or more since I last used it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast