HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Livescope impact

Post Thanks / Like

Default Livescope impact

Craig - very good discussion on the OK forum about the impact of LS on crappie populations. How concerned are you that crappie populations will be threatened if the technology use and catch/keep rates increase?

My hope is that those who invest the $$$$ in the technology are avid anglers and already value the sustainability of the resource.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Likes GREENFISH LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

This will be a good one, I am watching.

Post Thanks / Like

Hasnt helped me catch any crappie at all so far. lol. It hasnt improved my lack of skills.
    Likes Cray, Red190, Tom from Benton LIKED above post

Craig Johnson is offline Moderator "Ask The Biologist" Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lawrenj72 View Post
    Craig - very good discussion on the OK forum about the impact of LS on crappie populations. How concerned are you that crappie populations will be threatened if the technology use and catch/keep rates increase?

My hope is that those who invest the $$$$ in the technology are avid anglers and already value the sustainability of the resource.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    lawrenj72,

Kansas crappie populations will continue to be monitored on a regular basis. If it is found that overharvest is occurring resulting in negative impacts to population density and quality, then harvest regulations will be modified.

We've seen a lot of technological advancements in fishing over the past 20 years. It will be interesting to see what the next great product will be!
    Likes Redge, Blackdog40 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

It's getting scary to me. Comments????

Post Thanks / Like

I’m thinking it will impact the big crappies in a lake since you can target them more now.

crappieslinger is offline Moderator Kansas Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I do not think the technological advances in regards to being able to see the fish is a good thing. When I was growing up we fished from the bank and caught buckets of Crappie. Then my Dad advanced to a depth flasher and thought it was the neatest thing since back pockets. We still caught about the same numbers of fish, just spent much more time staring at a screen instead of fishing. Those flasher led the way to where we are now. It boggles my mind to see folks spend thousands and thousands of dollars on the latest and greatest electronics just to catch more fish.

I thought it was about the sport and the fun of being out there on the water or on the bank, peaceful, away from all of the bs of everyday life. I do not go out there to be cool or to catch the most fish. I go out on the water to spend time with my family and relax. Catching crappie is fun and I enjoy it but so is just bobbing around a brush pile talking to my wife and son.
    Don't Move a Mussel!! Clean, Drain and Dry EVERY TIME, ON EVERY BODY OF WATER!!
    Thanks skeeter96 thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I definitely am most concerned with smaller crappie fisheries....armed with livescope, anglers with the 'harvest everything i can before someone else does' mentality can and will have dramatic impacts

Post Thanks / Like

I have LS and it has increased my catch ALOT. Have caught a limit many days. However, most days all of the fish go back to fight another day. Thrown back many crappie up to nearly 15.5 inches. I brought home only a dozen two days ago for supper, and leftover sandwiches. I hope most with LS throw back most of their catch.
    I have learned alot about fish behavior with LS. You can throw away the books, articles, and DVDs about fishing. Crappie do feed down, you have fish at your bait far more than you know, sometimes they just will not bite no matter how many different baits you use, etc.
    Likes GREENFISH, Blackdog40, Tom from Benton LIKED above post

jackie53 is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Gotta find em Crappie ,Then gotta ketch em..Not everyone can....Can be very helpful, can be very frustrating..They won't bite...

Sent from my SM-J337A using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    John 3:16
    Blessed to have as many friends as fingers on your hand is a blessing!!!
    "Gone fish'n not wish'n"
    In God We Trust.
    Can God trust us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast