HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LIVESCOPE MOUNT FOR V HULL? WHATS OUT THERE

Post Thanks / Like

Default LIVESCOPE MOUNT FOR V HULL? WHATS OUT THERE

LIVESCOPE MOUNT FOR V HULL? WHATS OUT THERE?
    Thinking about pulling the trigger. Doing my homework and research. Getting my ducks in a row. before I ask wifey. LOL
    I am trying to figure out the best mount out there to buy for my 17 foot V hull
    any and all LINKS are appreciated
    thank you
    TIGHT LINES
    CHIPPO

chippo
    #Raymarine PRO STAFF
    CHIPPO FISHING / YouTube

Post Thanks / Like

I mounted mine similar to on the youtube guys video below. I really only did it cause I already had all the parts on hand and wanted to kinda figure out (play with) where it would be best placed before I purchased anything made commercially. It's simply ram mounts and PVC. I paid nothing. I had everything already. And low and behold, the darn thing worked out great for me. I'm happy with it, and I think I'm done. Oh, I have a Key West, I guess it qualifies as a v-hull. But hull shape does not matter with this type mount. It hangs off the front and can be turned whichever direction you want. Hope this helps.

Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best
    Likes chippo, S10CHEVY LIKED above post
    Thanks chaunc thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Slab View Post
    I mounted mine similar to on the youtube guys video below. I really only did it cause I already had all the parts on hand and wanted to kinda figure out (play with) where it would be best placed before I purchased anything made commercially. It's simply ram mounts and PVC. I paid nothing. I had everything already. And low and behold, the darn thing worked out great for me. I'm happy with it, and I think I'm done. Oh, I have a Key West, I guess it qualifies as a v-hull. But hull shape does not matter with this type mount. It hangs off the front and can be turned whichever direction you want. Hope this helps.

Thank you Slab. Is yours set up on right or left side of the boat. Wondering if opposite of jig hand was better?
    PS. I think wifely is gonna go for it?????
    Without discussion
    Should I be scared????
    LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

chippo
    #Raymarine PRO STAFF
    CHIPPO FISHING / YouTube

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chippo View Post
    Thank you Slab. Is yours set up on right or left side of the boat. Wondering if opposite of jig hand was better?
    Without discussion
    Should I be scared????
    LOL

I bought a Seelite pole mount made in Arkansas but the diy pvc pipe mount works just as well.
    My wife hasn't inspected my boat add on toys in years so I keep it quiet. Lol

Sent from my SM-G935V using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    It's not the numbers or the size, it's the time spent on the water!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chippo View Post
    Without discussion
    Should I be scared????
    LOL

It's on the Starboard side (right). It works good there. IMHO

You'll notice the transducer is actually 3 transducers in one. And they kinda fan out from the top, left to right. So in my opinion, it kinda blocks itself off to the right, and shoots a little left of center when using/pointing it forward. I'll have to take a better pic of my setup later. But below is a pic I took of vbottom a couple days ago which shows the PVC behind the starboard side rod holder, you can barely see it.

The ram mount is clamped to the rail, and the livescope sits back about 3 ft from where the trolling motor is. I watch the trolling motor head on the livescope to see where the left edge is visible with the transducer. This allows me to clearly see how wide the view cone is. Then I can turn the livescope left and right from there.

Owner
    Likes Herewego, chippo, S10CHEVY LIKED above post

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Rickie at Podunk Ideas builds a daDucer mount that fold back much like a foot control trolling motor and gets the transducers clear of the water when running. I'm mounting my Livescope, my Humminbird Mega SI and my Mega 360 (when it gets here) all on it. That keeps my Ulterra RipTide shaft completely devoid of anything bolted to it. We are experimenting with a swivel and track that will allow me to slide my daDucer back about 3 feet and use it off the side and front of the boat.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M R Dux View Post
    Rickie at Podunk Ideas builds a daDucer mount that fold back much like a foot control trolling motor and gets the transducers clear of the water when running. I'm mounting my Livescope, my Humminbird Mega SI and my Mega 360 (when it gets here) all on it. That keeps my Ulterra RipTide shaft completely devoid of anything bolted to it. We are experimenting with a swivel and track that will allow me to slide my daDucer back about 3 feet and use it off the side and front of the boat.
    Yep, that's the best way for sure. Might eventually go that route.
    Owner

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Slab View Post
    Yep, that's the best way for sure. Might eventually go that route.
    Don't anybody call Rickie about the slide track/swivel yet. We are still trying it on the Excel "test platform". You know it will be perfect before Rickie lets it out of his shop.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff
    Likes wannabe fisherman LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I went with the PVC and two ram mounts on my grab rail. Had all of the material on hand and wanted to test my location on the boat, etc, before spending lots of money. It's within arms reach and works like a champ for me. I lay it down along the grab rail and it's secured with the two ram mounts when I'm on the go. When I get to my location I just disconnect one of the ram mounts and swing it down into the water. I may never replace what I currently have.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Likes chippo, chaunc LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I'm making mine mobile so I can move it between my bay boat and my pontoon... trying to figure out the mounting system for the pole transducer... I use my boat for shrimping in the summer and don't want ram mounts up there...
    I'm picturing a plate like the millennium spyderlok base, with thumb screws where I can detach the pole ducer setup (the garmin unit mounted to a box, the control module and battery inside) saw that on fle fly..
    Likes chippo, jbird68 LIKED above post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast