Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ending a twelve hr work day

Post Thanks / Like

Wait a minute.......you're saying not everyone works a 12hr day?!!! Awesome pic by the way. A couple weeks ago I was being blessed with sunsets like that pretty often. Not so much now with DST gone. It's dark to dark for me now.
    Likes skeetbum, Redge LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Worked 100 hour weeks for 30 years. I miss the farm but, not the hours.
    I too was a lot younger then.

Post Thanks / Like

While in the service, there were times when more folks rotated to another assignment faster than replacements would come in...being a cook, well the troops still got three full meals a day, regular main line, choice of ( meaning they got one or the other) at least two meats, two starches, two vegies, plus gravy...or the could choose short order, fresh made to order sandwiches, fried chicken, grilled sandwiches, or burgers with fries or baked beans. A full salad and fruit bar no matter if you took main line or short order...

Many a time I went in the back door to the kitchen at 0300 (3 AM for those who don't know military time), and walked out to go home at 2300 (11 PM), only to be back at 0300...Like I said after about a week of this, you got a second wind and it wasn't bad. Now if you lived in the barracks, in your off time your living area had to stay ready for inspections, bed made and to specifications, (hospital corners, second blanket over the pillow and blankets tight enough a quarter bounced...Lockers arranged just so, shoes and boots lined up under the bed and shiney enough you could use them for a shaving mirror, and your floor better be that way too!!!

But I wouldn't trade that time I was in for nothing...
    Proud to have served with and supported the Units I was in: 1st IDF, 9th INF, 558th USAAG (Greece), 7th Transportation Brigade, 6th MEDSOM (Korea), III Corp, 8th IDF, 3rd Armor Div.
    1980 Ebbtide Dyna-Trak 160 Evinrude 65 Triumph
    Likes BAMA S LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully one day soon you can turn the 12 hr. workday into a 12 hr. fishday!
    u2s
    Likes BAMA S LIKED above post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12