HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CRAPPIE COMBO TROLL WITH MINNOWS

Post Thanks / Like

Default CRAPPIE COMBO TROLL WITH MINNOWS

I fished Lake Oconee today. The water was 58 degrees most of the day. I caught 9 good Crappie. The fish are on the move but most of the better fish were all still on the timber. The channels hold fish but they are down close to the bottom. I did manage a few fish away from the timber early this morning but the long line bite slowed as the morning wore on. Later I found some good fish over timber and I targeted them with some success. I still think the best fishing will start around Thanksgiving provided the water temperature cools just a bit more. I hope you enjoy the video. The video is a bit longer than usual but there was a surprise at the end!

YouTube
    Thanks BigDawgg thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice fish, and a heck of a bass. I may have to wander back down that-a way later in the week while this nice weather holds. See if timber dippin' still works, if not - chuck out the long-lines. I guess experience helps you manage all those rods, I can barely handle 6 by myself.
    "Alive without breath, as cold as death; never thirsty, ever drinking, all in mail never clinking."
    Likes Hotwater LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Very good video. Quite succinct. You mention in the post that cooler water will improve fishing. Where do you expect the fish to be? I am new to Lake Eufaula, but am able to find fish in the channels only, and near the bottom except when the shad are moving. Your suggestions would be appreciated, and of interest.
    'at boy just ain't right.

Ttexastom is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Mr Jay, that is a great video. Thank you for sharing.
    John 3:16

Post Thanks / Like

Great video thanks for sharing. Is your boat a G3. Just curious that’s what I have and the lay out looks the same. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jawjatek View Post
    Very nice fish, and a heck of a bass. I may have to wander back down that-a way later in the week while this nice weather holds. See if timber dippin' still works, if not - chuck out the long-lines. I guess experience helps you manage all those rods, I can barely handle 6 by myself.
    LOL. Sometimes managing the rods can be hectic. Yet it's not to bad when you only catch 9 fish all day.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DV8ed View Post
    Very good video. Quite succinct. You mention in the post that cooler water will improve fishing. Where do you expect the fish to be? I am new to Lake Eufaula, but am able to find fish in the channels only, and near the bottom except when the shad are moving. Your suggestions would be appreciated, and of interest.
    When the fall fishing gets good I compare it to spring pre-spawn fishing. The fish can be anywhere. There were tons of fish in the channel yesterday and soon we will be able catch them in the channel, drop offs, flats, ledges, coves etc. As you say. Follow the shad.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1234 View Post
    Great video thanks for sharing. Is your boat a G3. Just curious that’s what I have and the lay out looks the same. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app
    Yes it is a G3.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice vid...as always. Keep them coming!

Post Thanks / Like

Enjoy watching your videos!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Crappie.com Fishing mobile app

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast