Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Transducer Shield

Post Thanks / Like

Default Transducer Shield

I am buying a Humminbird 8 Gen3 SI and want to mount transducer on Minn Kota Edge 45# trolling motor. I have not been able to find a shield that will fit this tranducer. Any ideas? Afraid to mount it without a shield.
    GET THE NET HAROLD, GET THE NET!!

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I don’t see anything listed for your unit on their site. I’m posting a link to them. I would give them a call. I know sometimes they will have something new out but slow to get listed on their site.
    Transducer Shield and Saver | See More Fish, Catch More Fish
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Likes SeaRay, BuckeyeCrappie LIKED above post

rnvinc is offline Crappie.com 2016 Man of the Year * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

HELIX 8 CHIRP SI MEGA+ GPS G3N uses the same XM 9 HW MSI T as the larger HELIX SI MEGA+ G3N models ...
    https://humminbird.johnsonoutdoors.c...5039&jo-page=2

Transducer Shield and Saver TM-H-8.3 fits Humminbird(R) Solix Mega G2N Si Transducer XM 14 HW MSI T or Humminbird(R) Helix Mega G3N Si Transducer XM 9 HW MSI T

It still wouldn't hurt to call Scap at Transducer Shield and Saver to verify ...

Rickie
    www.podunkideas.com <--Click here
    ------------—————
    https://www.crappie-gills-n-more.com/
    https://cornfieldfishinggear.com/

------------------------>> Pro Staff Sonar Advisor

Post Thanks / Like

Will that transducer fit on an Edge 45# TM? (just curious)

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I recently found out it does not fit the Edge 45. In fact, the transducer will not fit any Minn Kota less than 85# thrust. After all the research I did there was nothing I found to warn me of this problem. I'm researching various mounting options and it looks like Rickie has a nice one.

Post Thanks / Like

I went with Ricky's "da ducer" I just installed it, and it really looks fine. Unfortunately I'm going out of town for a week so haven't put it through its paces yet. I don't foresee any problems at all. I made one stupid mistake during installation. There is an aluminum "box" that is mounted on the gunnel of my Tracker 175. Well, l I overthought this very simple task. It took me about 4 days on and off thinking about it. I had pictured my gunnel as being made out of fiberglass and I just wasn't sure about the best way to drill throughl the fiberglass and then securely attach the "box." Finally the light bulb came on and I realized the gunnel was made of aluminum. It took about 5 minutes to drill a small pilot hole and screw in 4 self tapping screws. My Mother must have dropped me on my head more than once when I was a baby.

rnvinc is offline Crappie.com 2016 Man of the Year * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gansett View Post
    I went with Ricky's "da ducer" I just installed it, and it really looks fine. Unfortunately I'm going out of town for a week so haven't put it through its paces yet. I don't foresee any problems at all. I made one stupid mistake during installation. There is an aluminum "box" that is mounted on the gunnel of my Tracker 175. Well, l I overthought this very simple task. It took me about 4 days on and off thinking about it. I had pictured my gunnel as being made out of fiberglass and I just wasn't sure about the best way to drill throughl the fiberglass and then securely attach the "box." Finally the light bulb came on and I realized the gunnel was made of aluminum. It took about 5 minutes to drill a small pilot hole and screw in 4 self tapping screws. My Mother must have dropped me on my head more than once when I was a baby.
    Please share pix of your da’ducer apparatus® install ...

Rickie
    www.podunkideas.com <--Click here
    ------------—————
    https://www.crappie-gills-n-more.com/
    https://cornfieldfishinggear.com/

------------------------>> Pro Staff Sonar Advisor